Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Inactive Malware Help Topics

User Tag List

Trojan horse downloader.FraudLoad.N

This is a discussion on Trojan horse downloader.FraudLoad.N within the Inactive Malware Help Topics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I think i downloaded malware because I scanned with AVG and found "Trojan horse downloader.FraudLoad.N" which the only thing I

Old 09-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #1

I think i downloaded malware because I scanned with AVG and found "Trojan horse downloader.FraudLoad.N" which the only thing I can do to it is put it in the Vault. Also I have fake security warnings pop up prompting me to download software. It doesn't seem very harmful, but is very annoying. Any help would be appeciated. Thanks! Also, none of the other users get the security pop-ups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
Security Team
Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi

Download and install TrendMicro HijackThis
* Once installed open HijackThis by clicking Start > Programs > HijackThis and click the button labeled
Do a system scan only

* Click the scan button in the lower left hand corner of the interface and HijackThis will quickly scan your system.
* Once the scan is complete the scan button will now read save log. Click this button to save the log file to your PC. Once you select where you would like to save the file it will open in your systems default text editor. Typically this application is Notepad. Post the log here.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms please create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other.