User Tag List

Need help cleaning my PC

This is a discussion on Need help cleaning my PC within the Inactive Malware Help Topics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, so my daughter downloaded something on the family's pc just last night. Now all of a sudden I've got

Old 12-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Ok, so my daughter downloaded something on the family's pc just last night. Now all of a sudden I've got dozens of windows opening by themselves. They all open under Google Chrome but look more like an error window. Blank title bar but the message that appears is "1111" and the only option is 'OK'. I couldn't uninstall Chrome until I closed all the windows but whenever I click the X in the corner of the box, another two or three would appear. Since they open in individual windows, I have to close them one by one using task manager but another one appears every 5-10 seconds. I finally managed to uninstall it after a few tries.

Now my current problem is that I ran both a full scan using Windows Defender (which my daughter turned off to be able to bypass the firewall for what she downloaded, a program for a game of some sort) and Malwarebytes. The first time I did, it came back with dozens of threats listed as PUPs, malware, and Trojans. After quarantining and removing them all, as well as restarting the pc, I ran another scan and came back with nearly double the number of threats, whereas there were zero threats a few days ago.

I'm no computer expert, nor do I know any, and I don't trust the 'experts' in the shops in the city enough to trust they won't plant or sabotage something that will make me come back a few days later just to pay them to fix again.

So yeah, I need help.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #2
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Run AdwCleaner and select Scan Now
  • Once the Scan is done, select Clean & Repair
  • When prompted, select Clean & Restart Now
  • On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner\Logs\AdwCleaner[C0#].txt
  • Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click FRST64 to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • It also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Proud member of UNITE

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2014, 2015
Old 12-23-2018, 07:35 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi. Sorry for taking so long to reply. I didn't realize the email went to my spam box. I'll do this tomorrow (it's nearly midnight right now and I just came in from work).

Again, sorry for not replying sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Still with us, JessClarice?

Proud member of UNITE

Old 01-01-2019, 11:41 AM   #5
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Still with us, JessClarice? I generally unsubscribe from threads after 3 days of inactivity. If you do not reply within 24 hours, this thread will be closed.

Proud member of UNITE

Old 01-04-2019, 03:14 AM   #6
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Due to lack of response, this topic will now be closed. If you need continued support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic, after following the steps outlined here:

IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Proud member of UNITE