Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Inactive Malware Help Topics

User Tag List

My laptop was recently attacked by the anti malware doctor virus

This is a discussion on My laptop was recently attacked by the anti malware doctor virus within the Inactive Malware Help Topics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How do I get my internet setting back to normal after a anti malware doctor virus attack? My laptop was

Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

How do I get my internet setting back to normal after a anti malware doctor virus attack? My laptop was recently attacked by the anti malware doctor virus. I think I have managed to get rid of it. However I cannot go onto the internet. The web browser keeps saying "cannot display the page". I use google chrome. Does anyone know what I can do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
Security Team
Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi,

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds file to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms please create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
TSF-Emeritus

Due to lack of response, this topic will now be closed. If you need continued support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic, after following the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum