User Tag List

Malware Keeps Coming Back

This is a discussion on Malware Keeps Coming Back within the Inactive Malware Help Topics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've had a frustrating issue lately with my PC. A storm knocked out our ISP for an hour, and when

Old 06-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've had a frustrating issue lately with my PC.

A storm knocked out our ISP for an hour, and when the internet came back on, I was was swarmed with malware.

We cleaned it off with Kaspersky, Hitman Pro, and Norton. But the next morning, it returns. We clean it off again. The next day, it returns with rogues and backdoors.

And Norton/Hitman Pro says that the computer is completely clean, but as soon as it gets uninstalled, the rogues and backdoors are back again.

What is the issue here? Is our IP address compromised?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
TSF Security Manager
Emeritus

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hello Mazy,

Yes and no. The problem is that none of the tools you've run have been able to properly eradicate the malware. Please follow the instructions in our pre-posting topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help cleaning a webpage-opening and ci.dll corrupting malware
I've recently had a ci.dll BSOD during a browsing session, which lead to an infinite startup recovery loop that I managed to fix. That problem was described in this thread. But since the recovery, I've come to realize that the problem was probabaly caused by a malware infection. Here are the...
uly Resolved HJT Threads 22 05-16-2011 09:25 AM
Unwanted home page keeps coming back
My OS is Windows XP. My browser is Mozilla Firefox. I went into Firefox options and set my home page to I Google. Now you would think that the home page should stay the one you want. but mine does not. When i log out of Firefox and then log back in a home page called Fastp2psearch.com becomes my...
satisfeir23 Windows XP Support 1 05-04-2011 09:53 AM
Twenty glorious years of Windows malware
Back when Windows was young, viruses scampered from system to system, occasionally deleting files, which could almost always be retrieved, and putting up dialog boxes with inscrutable contents, like the numeral 1. Nowadays, Windows malware locks up your data and holds it for ransom. It...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-02-2011 01:29 PM
Unable to scan / Malware? / missing network - major problems
A co-worker informed me one of the fake popup "security scan" programs appeared over the weekend. I am not sure they clicked it or not, but it appears nothing was installed. I have tried to run ~everything~ I can think of to even scan or find the name of any malware, and nothing. Internet...
Sethboy Inactive Malware Help Topics 0 03-02-2011 09:16 AM