02-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Join Date: Dec 2009
OS: Windows Vista / Win 7
Hello and welcome. Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:
- Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I’ve given you the “All clear.” Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
- Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
- Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.
Please subscribe to this thread
to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner
to your desktop.
- Double click the exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
Click the image to enlarge it
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
If you have trouble running GEMR:
Please include the following in your next post:
- Make sure that your security software is disabled
- Uncheck the box next to "Files" this time also
- If you still can't run it, try in the Safe Mode