Hello and welcome to Tech Support Forum.
My name is km2357 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.
I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.
If for any reason you do not understand an instruction or are just unsure then please do not guess, simply post back with your questions/concerns and we will go through it again.
Please do not start another thread or topic, I will assist you at this thread until we solve your problems.
Lastly the fix may take several attempts and my replies may take some time but I will stick with it if you do the same.
Sorry for the delay in replying, the forum is very busy. If you still need help, please do the following:
If you have access to a clean computer and a flash/USB drive you can use those to transfer tools/programs and their logs back and forth from the infected computer to the clean one. And you can use the clean one to post the logs back to this thread.
Step # 1 Download and run DDS
Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr
to run the tool.
Step # 2
- When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
- Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.
: Download and Run Gmer
Please download gmer.zip
from Gmer and save it to your desktop.
***Please close any open programs ***
The program will begin to run.
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised by a trained Security Analyst
If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
- Click No.
- Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
- Click OK.
- GMER will produce a log. Click on the Save button, and save the log as gmer.txt somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
If you do not receive notice about possible rootkit activity remain on the Rootkit/Malware
tab & make sure the 'Show All
' button is unticked
DO NOT touch the PC at ALL for Whatever reason/s until it has 100% completed its scan, or attempted scan in case of some error etc !
- Click the Scan button and let the program do its work. GMER will produce a log.
- Click on the Save button, and save the log as gmer.txt somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
Please post the results from the GMER scan in your reply.
In your next post/reply, I need to see the following:
1. The two DDS Logs (DDS and Attach.txt)
2. The GMER Log
Use multiple posts if you can't fit everything into one post.