Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Inactive Malware Help Topics

User Tag List

Dell Inspiron 1525 notebook with Vista

This is a discussion on Dell Inspiron 1525 notebook with Vista within the Inactive Malware Help Topics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have this notebook and after three years of usage it became so slow, it would take 30 min to

Old 04-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have this notebook and after three years of usage it became so slow, it would take 30 min to start.

Last week I formatted its hard drive and reinstalled Windows Vista.

As soon as I went on the Internet my computer crashed again.
Another complete reinstall and another crash after I tried to access the web. This time the crash happened while I was attempting to install Avira !

Thinking I may have a hardware problem, I did a third complete reinstall and started to use the computer off line. It works perfectly! No crashes in a whole week.

My question is, what is the antivirus software I need and how can I install it off line.

As a second question, I noticed that a group of drivers is missing under "Other device". The group includes 3 drivers. There is no way for me to figure out which this "other device" is so that I can download the drivers for it. I know I installed all recommended drivers from my resource CD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Inspiron 1525 Hinge & Overheating
Hi there Hopefully someone will be able to help me. I'd normally just go to a local repair shop, but they're all closed for the Easter weekend around here! I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista. It's been going for 3 years now with no problems (apart from water damage a few months after I...
CButtons17 Laptop Support 1 04-25-2011 09:28 AM
Dell Inspiron 1525 Vista-32 No Internet
Hello, i recently installed a new copy of WIndows Vista 32 bit. The cd came directly from Dell so I know the program isent corrupt. After i download Vista on the computer and the computer is running I can insert the drivers disk and all that comes up is a HUGE list of...stuff, and checkmarks by a...
Aheroicrevolt Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 04-20-2011 07:29 PM
[SOLVED] Multiple BSODs
Over the past month I have been experiencing various BSODs ranging from when I turn on the laptop, to completely random ones. I have noticed that once the laptop is up and running, it seems a lot more stable and will be fine for days (if I hibernate it rather than turning off). Some (but not all)...
join_the_dots BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 12 04-07-2011 03:36 PM
Dell Inspiron 1525...power management issue
Am a newbie to this forum and my first post............I have a 2 year old DELL INSPIRON 1524 CORE 2 DUO,out of warranty..and has few known niggles from few months which ma aid in diagnosing my problem. >charger doesn't charge the battery(rom on adapter may be erased),so laptop is always on most...
vs800 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 7 03-23-2011 07:03 PM
Dell Inspiron 1525 Hard drive
When I try and start-up my computer it gives: internal hard disk drive not found. To resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive. No bootable devices, strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for utility set up, F5 to run onboard diagnostic. When I press F1 nothing happens, F2 shows BIOS type screen and when I...
Chemeng Hard Drive Support 3 01-10-2011 06:41 AM