User Tag List

Computer Won't Sleep

This is a discussion on Computer Won't Sleep within the Inactive Malware Help Topics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My computer lately has decided that it does not want to enter sleep mode anymore. A lot of the time

Old 11-23-2017, 06:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

My computer lately has decided that it does not want to enter sleep mode anymore. A lot of the time when I am done I will just close down the more resource intensive programs and hit sleep mode, then walk off. But lately when I come back, after the screen has already gone black, it'll end up back at the login screen.

I've poked around a little bit to try and find a cause and haven't been able to come up with much. Around the same time this started, I began playing World of Warcraft again, but I'm uncertain the correlation that could have.

Additionally I've used the cmd.exe powercfg -requests command, which comes up as such.

Display: None.

System:
[Driver] \filesystem\srvnet
An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.
[Process] \Device\HarddickVolume4\Windows\SysWOW65\svchost.exe

Awaymode:
[Process] \Device\HarddickVolume4\Windows\SysWOW65\svchost.exe

That whole 'active remote client' thing seems a little suspicious, but that might have something to do with the MMO.

My computer has also been occasionally a little sluggish lately, but that might just be due to natural wear and tear.

Any assistance and/or knowledge would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2017, 11:30 PM   #2
Registered Member

Bumping, can anyone help?
Old 12-14-2017, 03:40 AM   #3
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Hibernate/Sleep issues are not commonly caused by malware. You probably have other issues.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

-----------------------------------------------------

Proud member of UNITE

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2014, 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Due to lack of response, this topic will now be closed. If you need continued support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic, after following the steps outlined here:

IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

------------------------------------------------------

Proud member of UNITE

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2014, 2015