To make it short, our old wireless headphone station charger (A) cable has left this world.
We managed to get our hands on the "universal power supply" (B).
My understanding of electronics is quite limited and I since (B)'s instructions warn to 'not leave it function unattended', I am basically trying to figure out if it will burn down our building.
I am assuming what matters to the station is amperage, and since on (B) 1500mA is listed as the max, it should correspond to it's listed max voltage (12V). If that is correct, that should make it able to transmit 500mA @4V (note that the nearest available options are 3&4.5V).
So the questions are:
1. Are my assumptions about the functionality of these things correct, and if so:
2. Would leaving it on 4.5A exceed the station's accepted amperage (by 62.5mA?) and put it's battery at a risk to overheat/melt?
3. Would leaving it on 3A cause any other issues other than slower charging (e.g. smaller achievable charge %)?
And 4. - if I'm just looking at this in the wrong way and there's an easy (/no) way to substitute (A) for (B)