Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Home Theater

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Two Vertical Lines on LG T.V Problem...How to Fix?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Two Vertical Lines on LG T.V Problem...How to Fix? within the Home Theater forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just as the title says, my 40 inch LG T.V has two gray vertical lines down either sides of the

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Just as the title says, my 40 inch LG T.V has two gray vertical lines down either sides of the screen. It now makes my 40 inch TV look like a 30 inch :P

Do dose anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120310_192451.png
Views:	1135
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	106279
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Looks like the input is 4:3...thus the TV puts bars on each side to maintain the AR (Aspect Ratio). The TV should allow you to change the bar color, often gray or black.

The TV may/should have the option of stretching the image to fill the screen. Options are often stretch, which maintains the height and stretches the image to fill the screen. Or zoom, which "zooms" the image until it displays on the entire screen, but the top and bottom are cropped.

Personally, I leave the bars to maintain the proper AR and not loose any of the image.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogg
Looks like the input is 4:3...thus the TV puts bars on each side to maintain the AR (Aspect Ratio). The TV should allow you to change the bar color, often gray or black.

The TV may/should have the option of stretching the image to fill the screen. Options are often stretch, which maintains the height and stretches the image to fill the screen. Or zoom, which "zooms" the image until it displays on the entire screen, but the top and bottom are cropped.

Personally, I leave the bars to maintain the proper AR and not loose any of the image.

Thanks for your repy, have fixed it. You were correct with the AR being 4:3, so I went into options and changed it to 16:9. The picture now fits the hole screen and looks great!

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #4
TSF - Emeritus

My System

Some TVs have auto aspect ratio so that when old movies or old TV programmes are played, the TV will automatically go to 4:3

Lest we forget...

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

11th hour, 11th day, 11th month
We will remember them

Closed Thread