Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

User Tag List

Tablet powers off when moved/held

This is a discussion on Tablet powers off when moved/held within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, my woes started couple of weeks ago while I was inserting sd cards and usb devices. The tablet is

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 02:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

my woes started couple of weeks ago while I was inserting sd cards and usb devices. The tablet is Dell Latitude 10 st2e and now whenever I grab it on the right hand side ( the one where the usb port is located ) it powers off. Also when the device is not ultra carefully put on the surface of the table or something like that, it powers off; whenever it's moved in hasty manner it powers off. Also sometimes it powers of when I plug in any usb device or sd card.

My thoughts are now turned to the internal wiring and if that is a case, does anyone know how to open this device because this is a model without a removable battery.

I would appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Welcome to TSF.

Inspect the USB port closely and make sure the contacts haven't been knocked loose. If they get crossed up, it could cause a serious short.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Published: A full in-depth review of the Asus VivoTab Smart tablet
Please make edits to Post #2, not this one. I'm at it again :uhoh:. I know this looks odd without pictures but I just can't find any! :sad: Main picture to use: https://www.asus.com/media/global/products/dn5bKh0myVAvdI6C/BLnJgL6SqqCLJ5aI_500.jpg
Masterchiefxx17 Dead-Sea Scrolls 22 05-02-2013 09:50 AM
Virus preventing internet connection
Dear Tech Support Forum, A couple of months ago I got a virus on my laptop. I was aware of it when it first showed up, I suddenly had an icon on my desktop for something like "Windows Live Protection" and it had the same icon as the virus protection I was using which was BT Net Proction by...
Gareth S Resolved HJT Threads 51 10-26-2012 04:26 AM
Need some advice, my android tablet is stuck
Greetings folks, im the owner of a tablet Onda V711 Dual Core Android Tablet PC Cortex A9 1.5GHz HD IPS Screen WIFI 2160P HDMI 16G The tablet worked great for a month, this morning i woke up, turned it on and the white android logo popped and the tablet didnt resumed booting. i tried...
camsarria Android OS 0 10-07-2012 04:28 AM