Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

User Tag List

Speakers Worked Yesterday, Gone Today

This is a discussion on Speakers Worked Yesterday, Gone Today within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My speakers are plugged in and were functional as of yesterday, just like they have been for years. I tested

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
Registered Member

My speakers are plugged in and were functional as of yesterday, just like they have been for years.

I tested them on my mp3 player today (they work), after seeing that my computer (running on Windows XP) no longer recognizes my speakers and there is no audio device listed on my control panel.

I have unplugged and restarted several times and that is the extent of my troubleshooting.

Any idea of what's going on?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Check Device Manager for any devices with yellow ! if there are any listed, they require drivers.

Also check to see if there is an audio chipset listed.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Having an issue with my driver side speakers
Hi, as the title says I'm having an issue getting my driver side speakers to work properly. The problem seems to be related to the dashboard lights because the driver side speakers cut out as soon as I turn the dashboard lights on. The passenger speakers work fine 100% of the time. I...
Pentar Car Audio and Alarms 0 04-03-2011 09:08 AM
Rear and center speakers problem
I have x-540 (5.1) speakers and they worked excellent just a couple of days ago. All of a sudden the center and rear speakers stop saying anything when playing from a stereo source (youtube, etc). I know that many people say that surround speakers cant play stereo through all speakers. Mine did...
stoffer150 Other Hardware Support 1 03-09-2011 04:15 PM
[SOLVED] Xbox 360 - VGA Cable to PC monitor, speakers question?
I've seen other threads about this sort of thing but couldn't find my exact situation so here goes... i know i can have the xbox's sound coming through my pc's speakers (and through the pc itself)... But what i want to know is, if i was to buy a second set of simple speakers... Namely -...
Xyfer117 Console Gaming Support 4 02-11-2011 06:59 AM