Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

User Tag List

Speakers not working on any device

This is a discussion on Speakers not working on any device within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, A month ago I bought Genius SP-HF160 speakers. Today I tried plugging them in my PC, but they don't

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 05:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

A month ago I bought Genius SP-HF160 speakers. Today I tried plugging them in my PC, but they don't work. When I plug them in, the small light at the backside of the speaker should turn on to indicate that the speakers are connected, but it doesn't. And there's no sound coming from the speakers, even after I turn the volume to the maximum. However, Realtek notifies me that I've plugged a new audio device in the PC.

I tried plugging them in my Sony Xperia Z Android smartphone and basically the same thing happens - the light is not on, there's no sound coming from the speakers, but the device seems to recognize that something is plugged in because there's no sound coming from the phone's own speaker when these speakers are plugged in.

It feels as though as there's an on/off switch somewhere, but there's not.

The problem is that I bought these speakers a month ago and I've lost the check in the meantime, so I can't return them to the store and ask them to replace the speakers or to examine them. If anyone has some suggestions on what could be wrong with the speakers and how could I fix it (preferably for free), I would be very grateful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you contacted Genius about the problem instead of the store you purchased them from?
Old 09-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

As above because the only instructions you got were very basic as Genius only supplies the technical manual for your product to their authorized service dealers. In case you bought them from Amazon, they do offer a 30 day replacement.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2017, 01:26 AM   #4
Registered Member

I haven't contacted Genius because unfortunately Genius has no contact centers in my country. Is there anything else I can do?
Old 09-11-2017, 05:43 AM   #5
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

International Genius Email [email protected] or use the American support center Email [email protected]

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:58 PM   #6
Registered Member

Hey everyone, thank you for your help. I found out what the problem was. These speakers are equipped both with the USB cable and the AUX cable. I thought that one needs to plug in only one of those, since I've previously had speakers that had only one of those two cables and they worked fine. But, these speakers require you to plug in both of these cables since they use USB for power supply and AUX to play sound. Very irrational design if you ask me, but I thought this information might come in handy if someone else bought these speakers and encountered the same problem.
Closed Thread