Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

User Tag List

KVM Switch?

This is a discussion on KVM Switch? within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm moving to uni in september and wanted to setup my two laptops up to share one monitor, keyboard

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

Suprised

Hi,

I'm moving to uni in september and wanted to setup my two laptops up to share one monitor, keyboard and speakers so that I could press a button to switch between them both.

My laptops I have are:

Macbook Pro 13-inch 2010 model (OS X Snow Leopard)
Advent 7109B (Windows 7)

My Macbook pro has a cable which I bought to output into HDMI and my laptop only supports VGA...

Can anyone suggest a way I can do it using my Macbook through HDMI and my Windows PC through VGA?

Can anyone suggest any KVM switches and/or monitors (22" plz)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Registered Member

I do not know of a KVM switch that takes HDMI and VGA. Does your macbook pro not have a VGA port? You may be able to get away with an adapter but then why not just use a VGA cable if your computer has a VGA port.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Case switch
So i have racked my brain on this one and cant find a solution and i need some professional help. So i am fixing a computer right now for my brother that i built for him 3 years ago. His power supply i thought died because he wasnt getting no power when we hit switch. So i bought a new one and...
link215 Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 5 03-02-2011 12:04 AM
[SOLVED] Help about kvm Switch P/S DSO-142L
I 've already replaced the 2200uF and the 470uF caps but nothing works. Fuses is ok. No +5v & no -5v How to troubleshoot this power supply? Thx a lot in advance.
lookfor Other Hardware Support 3 03-01-2011 09:46 PM
multicasting and the cisco switch
for a cisco 24 port catalyst 2960 series switch, I can only use multicasting with this switch when the pcs connected to it are booted with a cold boot or else multicasting doesn't work. any possible explanations for this. how can i fix this issue within the switch so i wouldn't have to cold...
IneedAJob Networking Support 2 02-08-2011 06:35 AM
[SOLVED] Cisco switch configuration
I recently purchased and installed a Cisco SLM224G smart switch. I am trying to log on to the switch to configure it but I canít figure out how to get access. There is a router upstream of the switch. The router is configured for DHCP so I am assuming that it is assigning a private IP address...
Joe Bardy Networking Support 4 01-05-2011 03:06 PM