Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

User Tag List

Issues with black screen and reboot on newly built system

This is a discussion on Issues with black screen and reboot on newly built system within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently purchased a newly built system off eBay, (hoping that I don't" end up regretting it) The seller disconnected

Old 05-27-2020, 10:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently purchased a newly built system off eBay, (hoping that I don't" end up regretting it) The seller disconnected the GPU to protect it in shipping. I installed the video card and hooked up my LG 34UC88 via display port and immediately noticed issues I tried each of the 3 display port connectors and two caused the screen to blink at quick rates the 3rd Blinked after a couple of hours. I deleted the drivers and reinstalled them and reconnected them with the display port. The screen ended up flashing again after a few hours of use but when it flashed back on the resolution of my monitor was not recognized. I replaced the display port cables and again within several hours the screen went black and started to reboot itself. I had to reconnect the display cable in order for the screen to turn on and again my resolution was not recognized. I switched to HDMI and that lasted for several more hours before then went blank and rebooted. I had to reconnect HDMI for the screen to show. It seems to happen more often when taxing the te system with gaming and multiple browser tabs. GPU temps have not exceeded 63 degrees during these times. I did get a couple of error messages that indicated that apps had been blocked access to the graphics hardware. I did run an SFC scan that fixed some corrupt files and hasn't that issue since. Is it possible that the GPU is going bad? The seller indicated that he tested the system with two monitors connected to Display Ports with no issues Specs are as follows: ASUS Prime Pro X570 Motherboard, 5-3600, RX5700x Ultra, Rosewill Glacier series 850w PSU, 36mg Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200. I am at my witts end any help would be greatly appreciated.
machavez67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Since it doesn't work right, recommend returning it for a replacement or refund. If the seller gives you a hard time about it, contact eBay.
SpywareDr is offline   Reply With Quote