Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

User Tag List

Escape key

This is a discussion on Escape key within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, just bought myself new Logitech G213 keyboard. Everything is fine, the lights are glowing, the keys are feeling nice

Old 03-12-2020, 12:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hi,
just bought myself new Logitech G213 keyboard. Everything is fine, the lights are glowing, the keys are feeling nice to touch, but there is one problem I cannot be able to solve - Escape key is reacting weirdly. I don't know, maybe it's suppost to be like that, but it takes sort of a second to react. When I push it - no matter if in a game or doing something else (like closing a picture I opened in Facebook) I have to hold it down for a second. My old keyboard - also Logitech, but really-really old Logitech Y-SZ49 - didn't have this feature or problem. There I just could quickly touch the Esc key and it reacted.
Is it normal? Can I change it? And when, then how? I have a Win 10 operating system.
The Device Manager is also showing me four 'HID Keyboard Devices' installed and one 'Logitech HID-compliant Unifying Keyboard'. The latter makes sense to me, the four first one don't. When I unistall them, the keyboard stops functioning but the moment I order the Device Manager to search for hardware changes these for HID Keyboard Devices re-apper and the keyboard functions again. And it doesn't make any changes into the reaction speed of the Esc key.
Keefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Register your keyboard since you might need to get service or replacement. It's plug & play so you shouldn't have to install drivers. In the Control Panel- Keyboard see if you can change "Repeat Delay" and "Repeat Rate".
Please also update your OS to Windows 10 in our/your User CP.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks,
I registered the keyboard on the Logitech page now. I also played a bit around with the 'Repeat Delay' and 'Repeat Rate' in Control Panel. It doesn't seem to have any effect.
I was thinking two things: firstly - maybe it's not a problem at all, keyboards are just different and I have to get used to it?; secondly - maybe it is a problem and it arises from the fact I am using a wireless mouse (Logitech M560) but the keyboard is with a wire? On the other hand - also the old keyboard was with a wire...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2020, 02:43 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Logitech has some utilities on their site that allow users to tweak or adjust some functions. Not sure if they have one for your KB, or if it might help.
Confounded Also is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:51 PM   #5
Registered Member

To be honest I'm starting to think I'm just imagining things. I did uninstall the universal serial BUS controllers, restarted the computer and nothing differed. I think it's just that I am not yet used to the new keyboard where the Esc key just needs a tad more forceful handling, that's it.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:40 PM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Wait a few days and if you're sure, mark the thread as solved.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:36 PM   #7
Registered Member

You can fix the slow to respond keyboard problem quite easily. Click on the notifications icon on the taskbar I All Settings I Ease of Access I Keyboard
Turn OFF "Filter Keys"
Done!
If it's already OFF, then please turn it ON and then turn it OFF !

Hope it works! Keep us updated with the status of the issue! Your feedbacks will help us to serve you better!
pcexpertq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:04 AM   #8
Registered Member

I don't see that it did anything. But once more - I think it's just a thing of getting used to the new keyboard.