Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

User Tag List

TV to HDMI no signal problem

This is a discussion on TV to HDMI no signal problem within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, I recently got a new computer and I am trying to set up duplicate displays on both the

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys,
I recently got a new computer and I am trying to set up duplicate displays on both the monitor and TV. However when i plug my HDMI cable into the TV i get no signal. My computer recognises the TV and the option to run my sound through my TV in playback devices is there, however i get nothing when i do this.
I dont think its a problem with my TV as I've run my xbox and a HP laptop through with no problems. I use a nvidia GTX650Ti 2GB and i run my monitor DVI cable and HDMI cable through the graphics card and still nothing. I also run Windows 7.
I have tried looking through my nvidia control panel and my TV is recognised there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI.PNG
Views:	107
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	126560

In the pic there is a lock in the cable, does anyone know if this means my TV is not granted authorization to receive a signal?
Any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

For laptops you generally have to use the FN + F5 (or whatever keys are used by your model) to toggle through the video output options.

Depending on the TV, you may also need to be using a desktop resolution that meets TV video specs (ie: 480P/720P/1080P @ 60hz).

As for the image, it is simply displaying what is explained in the text. That is not an issue. It's showing everything is normal.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Asus UL50VT wont connect via HDMI to Funai/Sylvania LD320SSX
Hello, I seem to be having an issue i cant figure out. I have an Asus UL50VT (Windows 7 Ult x64) laptop with the GeForce G210m video card drivers are up to date and Im trying to connect it via HDMI to my Funai/Sylvania LD320ssx 32" HDTV(with updated firmware). the problem IM having is if my TV...
MarsianTechnix Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 01-07-2012 01:18 AM
Problem going from laptop to HDTV via hdmi
Hey guys, hoping you could help me out with a problem I'm having. I recently bought a hdmi cable with the hopes of being able to connect it to my t.v, ran into a problem where my laptop won't detect the t.v, when I go into the screen resolution part I just get the message 'Another display not...
dbak111 Other Hardware Support 8 12-19-2011 10:20 PM
AOC Monitor + Wii HDMI = 'No Signal'
I just got a brand new AOC 2343F and a Wii2HDMI adapter. The Wii2HDMI is a small box which plugs into the back of the Wii and outputs into either 1080P or 720P resolutions over an HDMI cable. Upon first try the monitor has no HDMI but instead has a DVI to HDMI adapter plugged in. The monitor will...
linkandzelda Other Hardware Support 14 11-24-2011 01:37 PM
HDMI No signal deteced after starting Windows
After booting Windows using a TV hooked up via HDMI, the TV says no signal. Installed the drivers for his graphics card yesterday, have no clue what's causing the issue. Help would be much appreciated. Friend's PC specs
The good Doctor Other Hardware Support 7 09-25-2011 06:11 PM
HDMI - no signal
I have a new 40" LCD Dynex TV with HDMI connections and a one year old Acer computer with Windows 7, which has an HDMI terminal. I have tried to connect the two, using all kinds of combinations of plugging in the cable before and after the computer starts or the TV is turned on etc. I have gone...
rickshaw2000 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 01-27-2011 02:07 PM