Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

User Tag List

Looking for Recommendations Graphics Card

This is a discussion on Looking for Recommendations Graphics Card within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am looking to update my HTPC's GT730 graphics card which is no longer supported by Nvidia. Needs to be

Old 02-20-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Win 7 SP1 Ultimate,Windows 7 Pro SP1, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home

My System

I am looking to update my HTPC's GT730 graphics card which is no longer supported by Nvidia. Needs to be low profile as it goes in a Silverstone GD05 case. Motherboard is Asus Q87M-E. Am looking at this one or one similiar.

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce...2241248&sr=8-1
tbird93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Looks good to me. It's hard to beat Nvidia's low profile offerings and the 1650 is a solid choice and value for money. I wish there were true compact/low profile AMD RX 570s, they would be my recommendation, but unfortunately there aren't.

Note:
The one you linked to doesn't seem to have a low-profile bracket, which would stand 70mm tall compared to the included bracket that makes it stand 111mm tall. This may or may not be a problem. Your case has a height of 151mm, so the card should theoretically fit right in with its 111mm bracket height.

The dual fans on the one you linked to could get quite loud, but since you won't be using it for gaming, this might not be an issue. There are shorter, cheaper, silent and equally powerful ones such as this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QF1H9YR/ref=dp_cerb_1 that you might want to look at also.
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #3
Registered Member

OS: Win 7 SP1 Ultimate,Windows 7 Pro SP1, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home

My System

Ok. Thanks will check it out.
tbird93 is offline   Reply With Quote