Tech Support Forum banner

High FPS, but feels slow

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DEL 707 
#1 ·
Here are my PC specs.

Ryzen 7 Eight Core 2700X 4.35GHz (Socket AM4) Processor
Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 AMD X370 (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 64 WindForce OC 8GB HBM2 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit
Super Flower 850W Power Supply
Samsung SSD 850 Evo 1TB - All games are installed here.
Toshiba 2TB P300 7200RPM Performance Hard Drive (HDWD120UZSVA)

Running on 2 monitors.

MSI Optix G24C - Main monitor which I use for gaming, via displayport
Asus VG248 - Connected via DVI

Here is the problem I'm experiencing in quite a few games.

I'm getting a constant 120-121 FPS, but it doesn't look smooth at all, it looks like it's under 60 FPS to me.

Any ideas on what I can try to fix it?

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you have the latest driver installed? Do you have the Adrenaline software installed? If so, are you using it to OC? Is your RAM set to 3200mhz in the BIOS?

I'm not sure of that PSU brand.....That could be an issue relating to clean power not passing to the GPU.

On a personal note: I found over the years that while AMD GPU are good they're just not as good as their Nvidia counter part. When I made the switch from AMD to Nvidia, I never looked back. The down side is the price of Nvidia......but the bottom line is, you pay for what you get.

So bang for buck vs top dollar for better performance.....I'll take performance over price point anyday.

#4 ·
I've got the RAM back at 2400, at 3200 I was getting random black screen.

I'm planning on doing a new PC when the next line of AMD CPU's come out, also think I'm going to switch back to Nvidia. Or at least get rid of this Gigabyte card, it has so many bad reviews and I've already had to get 1 replaced under warrenty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.