Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Wireless audio advice

This is a discussion on Wireless audio advice within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys! First of all, i know this is a 'sound cards' board, but i couldn't find a more relevant

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 12:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys!
First of all, i know this is a 'sound cards' board, but i couldn't find a more relevant board to post this in!

I'm looking for some advice on a potential wireless audio config. Basically I have a Yamaha 5.1 setup in my lounge room, which includes an amp with HDMI and RCA connections. The RCA goes to a 3.5mm splitter box that goes to my TV and to an aux cable that i have on my coffee table so i can plug in my laptop or phone to stream music.
This is where my first question lies. My 3.5mm splitter box is a cheap Hong Kong thing, and it doesn't provide power, so if the TV is on while i stream from my laptop, it will halve the volume of both. Consequently, if I turn off the TV or close my laptop, the other volume will shoot to 100% and often scare the crap out of me. Can anyone recommend a powered 3.5mm splitter to remedy this?

Now to my second question. Is there such a product that will allow me to be done with the auxiliary cable i have leading to my coffee table, and instead implement a bluetooth (or equivalent) receiver that won't absolutely kill the audio quality? I've tried one of the small square Belkin bluetooth receivers and it sounded totally rubbish, so i'm looking for something more robust than that, if possible.

Any advice is much appreciated :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC Performance Lapse - advice please?
Good evening chaps, I've tried a couple of things myself but my PC performance just won't return to its normal self. When I first bought my PC a couple of years ago, it was able to run games like WoW on consistent 60+ (sometimes way higher) FPS and even capable of running Crysis on fairly decent...
FlyingWolves PC Gaming Support 5 05-30-2011 06:32 AM
Startup time from 75 seconds to 165 seconds. What is wrong?
Hello forum. I have a month-old Dell Inspiron N7010 Core i5 460M with 6 gigs of ram running on Windows 7. Until recently, it has been starting up in about 75 seconds. However, out of nowhere, it suddenly began starting up in between 2 and a half minutes to 3 minutes. I am completely baffled,...
SimTmiCro Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 05-10-2011 09:01 AM
Advice?
Hi all. I hope it's ok to post this - I wasn't sure where to post it exactly but here goes. After my laptop finally died i'm in the process of choosing a new one but it has been a very long time and i'm totally lost! Essentially all i am bothered about is that: - I can use Paint Shop Pro 7...
peculiargroove Laptop Support 4 04-28-2011 09:37 AM
Roller coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum - No ingame sound/music
hay everyone, lately about every second game I buy has no ingame sound... i dont kno if im just having bad luck but it would mean so much if someone could help me out.. the games i struggle to get ingame sound + music are *star wars unleashed 2 *Bully and now rollercoaster tycoon 3 id like...
Rodrigo.Carter PC Gaming Support 4 04-22-2011 12:06 AM