Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Weird beeping noise. While speaking and hearing.

This is a discussion on Weird beeping noise. While speaking and hearing. within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi!, So I'm having a problem and i was looking for answer here for that specific problem. I'm having the

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

Hi!, So I'm having a problem and i was looking for answer here for that specific problem. I'm having the same issue as this guy : https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ps-597983.html , But he found a work a round his problem. I'm here wondering if i can actually solve it without buying a 10$ USB Charger. And as WereBO said: It has something to do with a 'Dirty Voltage'.
My question is: How can i fix this Dirty Voltage??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

What headset do you have?
Old 01-03-2016, 04:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

I have a Logitech H600 Wireless Headset. But I had the same problem with my Logitech G430.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 05:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to xnot01

I had the same problem
Old 01-03-2016, 06:43 AM   #5
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

As with the other topic, likely releated to the port. Is this is a desktop or laptop? If it's a desktop and it has this trouble on the front port, have you tested the rear port?

Old 01-03-2016, 07:08 AM   #6
Registered Member

This is a Desktop and i have tried all the ports. The front ports dont work apparently, And the back ports only give bad sound. All of them. Its probably power source related but Im not sure.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:44 AM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

What make & model is the PC, or if custom-built, what's the (soundcard if fitted,) motherboard and PSU make & model?

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Old 01-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBo View Post
What make & model is the PC, or if custom-built, what's the (soundcard if fitted,) motherboard and PSU make & model?
Werebo I have a Custom Build, No sound card, A OCZ500MXSP PSU, And my MotherBoard is P8P67 LE, Sorry for the late reply.

GPU: Geforce GTX 750 TI.
CPU : Intel Pentium G620 Dual Core.
Motherboard: P8P67 LE
PSU:OCZ500MXSP 500W
Sound Card: None
Old 01-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #9
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Have you checked why the front ports aren't working? - If it's something as simple as the port connection to the motherboard worked loose (or dirty/oxidised contacts inside the connector), that could cause voltage problems throughout the USB circuitry ('Dirty' voltage is where interference/fluctuations are present on the power-rails )

If the connections are OK, it could be either the PSU or the USB circuitry on the motherboard. If the rear USB ports appear to be working OK, then the PSU would likely be the 'stronger' suspect.

Edit: - Forgot to add, reseating the connectors a couple o' times is usually enough to clean oxidised/dirty contacts.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBo View Post
Have you checked why the front ports aren't working? - If it's something as simple as the port connection to the motherboard worked loose (or dirty/oxidised contacts inside the connector), that could cause voltage problems throughout the USB circuitry ('Dirty' voltage is where interference/fluctuations are present on the power-rails )

If the connections are OK, it could be either the PSU or the USB circuitry on the motherboard. If the rear USB ports appear to be working OK, then the PSU would likely be the 'stronger' suspect.

Edit: - Forgot to add, reseating the connectors a couple o' times is usually enough to clean oxidised/dirty contacts.
So, The Front ports do work. But not with the headset. ;_; So it's probably the PSU then. But i dont know how to fix that. :( My dad build me this PC. Expect for the videocard.
I'm good with software on PC but hardware is a nono for me. Could you help me out ? :)
Old 01-05-2016, 10:22 AM   #11
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

Looking up the headset, it seems that it's not compatible with windows 10. It only supports: XP, Vista, 7 and needs a pairing utility.

Wireless Headset H600 - Logitech Support
Old 01-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Replacing a PSU is more fiddly than difficult, simply follow each cable from the PSU to t'other end and unplug it, some of the connectors have a plastic-sprung clip to hold them in place (usually the large mobo-connector), simply press the clip inwards and pull the connector off. If necessary, draw a quick diagram noting where all the plugs are connected, for when you reconnect the new ones.

PSUs are held by 4 short screws/bolts to the back of the case, if it's mounted at the top of the case, don't forget to hold the unit when removing the last screw, to save demolishing the mobo/graphics-card underneath (I know it sounds daft, but I had a repair for exactly that several years ago.... )

Most of the various plugs are designed to fit only 1 socket and 1 way round (mobo, graphics-card). There will also be a power-lead for each hard-drive and CD/DVD-player, but it doesn't matter which power-lead goes to which device.

The other 'problem' is tidiness. bundles of wires can seriously interfere with the airflow through the case, which can cause the various bits to get hotter. A modular PSU has most of the leads separate, so you plug just the cables needed for the devices, which can make a huge difference when tidying the unused wires.

Also, cable-ties are excellent for tying the used cables to the chassis, as well as tucking excess lengths underneath the mobo.

Closed Thread