Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

use multiple speakers on same sound card

This is a discussion on use multiple speakers on same sound card within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I want to enable multiple speakers/device on same sound. I use a sound bar as main sound output for PC.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

I want to enable multiple speakers/device on same sound. I use a sound bar as main sound output for PC. I originally had a set of analog speakers and now I want to used speakers and sound bar at same time, and enable headphone. is that possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Registered Member

There is software for this kind of thing. Look for realtek hd audio manager.

======================================

Infinity contains more than you think.
Everything, for a start. (T.P.)

Katja
Old 11-27-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

yes. I have realtek audio manager installed and use that to control sounds, but it can only enable one output at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
Registered Member

oh sorry, I didn't read the question right...TWO speakers....ohhhhh
I don't know the answer then, my guess is not, unless it is a sound card with two separate sound outputs? has it two output connections? In fact, I don't think I understand the question...

Well, I will be interested what the experts have to say. Good luck...

======================================

Infinity contains more than you think.
Everything, for a start. (T.P.)

Katja
Old 11-28-2015, 01:17 PM   #5
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Windows will only output audio to a single source at a time. Assuming they both use a 3.5mm plug, you could simply use a splitter cable. Connect the splitter to the PC output, one end to the sound bar and the other end to the speakers.

Or, the more obvious solution, assuming the sound card is surround capable, connect the sound bar to the front (green) port and the speakers to the rear (black) port and then configure the sound card accordingly.

Old 11-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Windows will only output audio to a single source at a time. Assuming they both use a 3.5mm plug, you could simply use a splitter cable. Connect the splitter to the PC output, one end to the sound bar and the other end to the speakers.

Or, the more obvious solution, assuming the sound card is surround capable, connect the sound bar to the front (green) port and the speakers to the rear (black) port and then configure the sound card accordingly.

Sound bar is plugged on optical out, speaker is plugged on 3.5mm plug on green port, both are on motherboard output, no separate sound card, so they are on same sound card, different channel.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

I think the splitter is the only way you can accomplish that. I use a head set with microphone that way with the speakers with a splitter off the green sound port on the back of the tower.
NeweggBusiness - Belkin F8V234 6" 6IN Y SPLITTER MINI STEREO 1 x Mini-phone Male, 2 x Mini-phone Female

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Then unless the sound bar has some sort of output for additional speakers, there isn't anything that you can do. Windows will only output to a single device (ie: port) and you can't split optical (even if the speakers had an optical input).

Old 11-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #9
Registered Member

I followed a guide like this.

but I found out there is huge feedback treble sound in the background. The voice from sound bar come first then the same voice from speaker but 0.01 seconds slower. Like you shout out in a empty cave, your voice repeat to you.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #10
Moderator - Hardware

My System

That's because the optical output is digital, so the audio is passed to the soundbar untouched. The analog speaker output is processed by the audio chipset, creating a delay. Unless the soundbar has a setting to adjust delay (which I doubt), I don't see that you can fix it.

Nice find by the way, I didn't realize stereo mix also worked with outputs in that way.

Closed Thread