Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

USB headset problems

This is a discussion on USB headset problems within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I'm having problems with my USB headset, a Steelseries Siberia V3. A few weeks ago, the microphone stopped

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm having problems with my USB headset, a Steelseries Siberia V3. A few weeks ago, the microphone stopped working in Mumble, and recently it also stopped working in Skype. Obviously, this sounds like an issue with the headset, rather than anything else - still, I wanted to post here just in case.

A little background, because I have everything plugged in to everything else.

I work from home, and use a KVM switch (Aten CS692), connected to my home PC (self-built) and work laptop. My keyboard (Razer Blackwidow) and mouse (Razer Naga) are plugged into this, as well as the audio jacks from the keyboard. My speakers are plugged into the keyboard.

My headset isn't connected to any of this; it is plugged straight into my motherboard: an Asus Sabretooth 990FX (https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards...OTH_990FX_R20/).

Mumble and Skype are, of course, set to use my headset's microphone and speakers as the input/output.

Oh, and I'm using Windows 8.1.

*sigh* One last thing, if it has any relevance, when I WAS able to talk, people were able to hear my game sound on Mumble, Skype etc. Likely a sound channel issue, but I've tried all the channels on my PC and it doesn't make a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Easiest test is to simply try using the headset/mic on a different computer.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

That's a ridiculously simple solution and I'm ashamed that I didn't think of it! I gave that a go and the problem is still there - on Skype, at least. I can hear others and, while they can hear me tapping my microphone, they can't hear my voice. Appears to be a headset issue, in that case.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Issues Driving Me Up a Wall
Ello all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my computer. Anyway, I'm having an issue with my computer, and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. What will happen is that I'll watch a video (either on Twitch.tv, YouTube, or even Amazon.com) on Google Chrome and everything will be...
DustinVlad Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 07-21-2015 03:05 PM
dllhost.exe COM Surrogate problem
I have been having this odd problem for the past day and a half. When I start my computer and log in, it seems to run fine at first (but the boot up takes longer than normal) but the performance gradually degrades. It becomes increasingly difficult to access websites (the pages won't load, or I am...
CardsFan68 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 10-17-2013 08:57 AM
Really weird USB problems
Hello. I have a really weird USB problems. I hope this is where im supposed to post them if not i apologize. The problem has been occurring for about a mounth. My mouse would sometimes stop working for a sec and do the "disconnect" sound and after a while both the mouse and keyboard stop...
JeeB0 Other Hardware Support 7 07-16-2013 08:58 AM
Re: Belkin USB dongle and problems with processes
I bought a Belkin USB wireless dongle (F6D4050 v1) for my parents PC. All I can say is "buggy". If I start the PC with the USB dongle in the USB slot the PC starts but I get masses of ipconfig.exe processes start up. The pc grinds slowly to a halt (because of the mass of processes running) and an...
captcavey Networking Support 3 11-22-2011 10:36 AM
No Sound from Microphone part of USB headset
Hello, I am setting up a USB headphone/microphone with my PC and I can not get the microphone to work, although the headphone function does. It is a "Freedom FreeTalk" headset. I can not hear any recording when I try it with the sound recorder located under "Accessories" in the start menu (I have...
NeferKheprj Other Hardware Support 8 01-13-2011 05:53 PM