Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

USB Headset mic suddenly stopped working

This is a discussion on USB Headset mic suddenly stopped working within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello guys! So, out of nowhere, my headset mic stopped working. My friends on teamspeak told me they could hear

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hello guys! So, out of nowhere, my headset mic stopped working. My friends on teamspeak told me they could hear some strange parasites and then it was dead. I have the Hyper X Cloud II headset (With windows 10) and I have it for more than a year with no problems at all. The headset works fine, drivers have no strange behaviour and all is cool except the mic. It is dead. Also, during the time it died, I made no sudden movements etc that could possibly cut any internal wiring nor was I moving in general. Some friends told me that they couldn't hear me well, I tried moving the usb up and down a bit and it died. Any questions you have please ask me! Thank you!

Edit: Tried restarting, different ports, disabling drivers, changed the headset's external soundcard. Still no sound
Edit 2: The detachable microphone works well on its own, the problem exists when I plug it on the headset. Gonna perform a surgery to see If anything's cut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #2
Registered Member

Sorry for the double posting, no time to wait for the edit cap. So, connectivity looked fine. I think the problem lies to either the input jack for the detachable mic or it is internal cablin from the jack to the soundcard. So, any ideas that might help?

Old 01-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

The the whole headset/mic on another computer. That will confirm a PC/headset issue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
The the whole headset/mic on another computer. That will confirm a PC/headset issue.
No it doesn't work in any other PCs. The problem seems to be electronic wiring since the detached mic works just fine. When I'm using the 3.5mm from the headset without the soundcard, if I boost the sound by +30db, my friends can barely hear me with a lot of noise. So I assume it's the wiring.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:22 AM   #5
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

That would appear to be the case if it doesn't work on any PC's. The problem with that type of wiring is the size of the actual conductors. And it's quite easy to break the strands by pulling, bending, crushing etc. The damage may have occurred days/weeks ago, and simple use finally broke the strand.

Closed Thread