Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Two pairs of stereo speaker to surround?

This is a discussion on Two pairs of stereo speaker to surround? within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have two pairs of stereo speakers and I also have a 5.1 audio motherboard. Both pairs of stereo

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,
I have two pairs of stereo speakers and I also have a 5.1 audio motherboard.
Both pairs of stereo speaker have stereo 3.5mm jack. How can I connect these when I want one pair to be Left and Right Main and second pair L&R Surround?
Thank you. Looking forward for answer.
stepedes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Refer to the Rear Panel Connections section of your motherboard user's manual. Connect one pair of speakers to the line out audio port (usually green); connect the second pair to the rear out port (usually black). Note these are both line level outputs and will only work with self amplified speakers.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:48 AM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

The only problem you may encounter is the audio setup. To get true surround audio, you will need to configure as "5.1". Obviously, you don't have 5.1 (you are missing the center and sub). In a 5.1 setup, the front left/right and rear left/right are surround channels. The center speaker contains everything seen on screen. So depending on the source of the audio, you could be missing important audio. Just something to keep in mind when you are gaming or watching a movie and everything center stage is hard to hear/understand.

Closed Thread