Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Speakers

This is a discussion on Speakers within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So, I have for over half a year now these Trust Vigor Subwoofer speakers: https://www.alza.co.uk/trust-vigor-2...n-d2906071.htm . They have also a

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 12:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

So, I have for over half a year now these Trust Vigor Subwoofer speakers: https://www.alza.co.uk/trust-vigor-2...n-d2906071.htm . They have also a wired remote control.
This morning I switched on my computer and it didn't make a sound. I have tried everything from checking the cables to controlling the drivers, but nothing comes out.
But - I can have sound via the remote, which has a earplug jack. Needless to say - the remote functions also when the speakers are switched off, so the problem really lies in the speakers, but I am unable to define when and how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2018, 02:07 AM   #2
Registered Member

All right, I'm pretty sure now, it's not a speaker issue and not even a Realtek issue but a Win 10 issue.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

And now I have read, someone has had exactly the same problem (with apparently no solution whasoever): https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...on-windows-10/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2018, 06:26 AM   #4
Registered Member

Just in case, someone is willing to give me advice: after checking all the usual like the cables and if my sound settings wouldn't be muted, I also uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, tried to use my computer's drivers and then again found on the internet, unplugged and replugged everything etc etc etc. Still - nuthin'!
Old 05-31-2018, 08:17 AM   #5
Registered Member

Ok, sorry for posting so frantically but I have just tried to find solution to this situation. I now discovered something weird - when I unplug the powercord and plug it in again, the speakers work only very silently and with unstable, crackling sound, with couple of seconds to go mute again. What is that???
Old 06-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
Registered Member

So, no one has any ideas?
Closed Thread