Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Sounds

This is a discussion on Sounds within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, After the last batch of Windows updates KB3108664-KB3124275 I lost sounds on my PC. After a system restore

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 07:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all,

After the last batch of Windows updates KB3108664-KB3124275 I lost sounds on my PC. After a system restore the sounds were back. The updates were then reinstalled and bingo-no sounds. Can anyone help? How do I find which update is the problem? Is it to do with drivers?
In hope

Herefordian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2016, 08:40 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

try one update at a time to find the one that's causing it. check to see if you have option updates if you do maybe one of those are your problem.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:56 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you oscer1. I'll give it a go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2016, 04:14 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hello oscer1 and all,
Regret that removing updates one by one did not resolve this problem. Did I do it wrong? What to do now? Any offers?
Old 01-18-2016, 04:18 AM   #5
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Uninstall of the "new" updates, then restore back to a time that it worked (as you did above). After everything is working, then INSTALL the updates one at a time until it stops working. Then you will know the cause.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:30 AM   #6
Registered Member

Many thanks JimE, here goes.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:40 AM   #7
Registered Member

All went well removing all relevant updates. I couldn't go far enough back in System Restore to pre-date the batch of updates that were installed. I am well and truly up the Swanee! Help.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:45 AM   #8
Moderator - Hardware

My System

If the current updates have all been removed, then manually reinstall the audio drivers.

Have you checked Device Manager for any devices with a yellow ! or red x ?

Old 01-23-2016, 06:48 AM   #9
Registered Member

Thanks JimE. Sorry for delay in telling you know that checking Device Manager found two yellow! One on Intel(R) HD Graphics and the other on Audio Device on HD Audio Bus. Deleting these and then restarting my PC solved the problem. All updates were then installed together with new driver for the Audio Device. Many thanks.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:05 AM   #10
Moderator - Hardware

My System

No problem. Glad you got it sorted out.

Closed Thread