Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

SoundMAX Digital Audio Speed problems?

This is a discussion on SoundMAX Digital Audio Speed problems? within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, im using a SoundMAX Digital Integrated Audio card (Not the best choice for my line of work, but it

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #1

Hello, im using a SoundMAX Digital Integrated Audio card (Not the best choice for my line of work, but it gets the job done.), and i seem to get an error after long periods of inactivity. The speed of all my sounds is increased, every type of sound file, and not in any particular player. Things are high pitched and squeaky, and ive tried disabling/re-enabling the card, which has worked in the past, but recently it has stopped. Rebooting my computer also seems to get the card functioning, and my computer is running a very steady 78 degrees. I also tried installing new sound drivers and reverting to older ones, but so far nothing has worked, its not a network speed problem, nor a driver or cooling problem.

Anyone else have a case similar to mine they'd like to help me out with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #2

(In addition):

I use a K8VX MB.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #3

*ahem*
bump.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help please - Windows taking 10 minutes to load, works fine after that.
This just started today. When I turn my computer on it takes about a minute or two to go through the windows splash screen, then once it loads my desktop it hangs for about 10 minutes until finally it will load all my startup programs and such. Once everything loads it works fine, just for some...
Arcnite Windows XP Support 3 05-09-2007 02:59 PM
Windows media sounds crackly
Hey guys I'm having some issues with all my my wma/wmv music files, as well as msn messenger sounds. When I play any sound of this format in most of my media player programs, they make a god-awful crackling noise. Regular mp3's, waves, and any other format will play flawlessly however. I have...
TheWaste Sound Cards 8 04-06-2007 05:22 PM
DVD Playback
Hi i have a 2.00 Ghz, 1Gb ram 256mb vid card laptop, and during playback of anydvd in anyprogram, every 4-5 min the playback pauses slightly, kind of hard to explain, i have the little lights on the front of my laptop that display, power, charging, and a little icon that looks like stacked cd's, as...
Cybes51 Laptop Support 5 07-24-2006 04:13 AM
Soundmax plays audio @ high speed
Running Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio (driver 5.12.1.3027) on a D850MV motherboard. Audio is playing at near double the acceptable speed. I uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers and can't find a resource conflict in my device manager. Any ideas? - David
dwigs Windows Servers 0 08-08-2004 04:31 PM