Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Sound jittering

This is a discussion on Sound jittering within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi y'all! I have this weird sound problem in my pc which have the ff. specs: - Pentium D 820

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:48 AM   #1

Hi y'all! I have this weird sound problem in my pc which have the ff. specs:
- Pentium D 820 2.8Ghz
- MSI PM8PM-L motherboard (I'm using the integrated sound card)
- 1GB RAM DDR2 533Mhz
- PowerColor ATI X700 256mb ddr2 AGP
- WD 250gb SATA 7200rpm
I'm running Windows XP Home SP2.

It all started when I tried MSI's live update tool and updated my BIOS from v.1.1 to 1.3 automatically. Everything went smoothly and the BIOS update was successful. After I restarted my pc, I was surprised to find out that there was no sound at all. Did another restart then the sounds came back, only to find out that the mp3 playing in Winamp was all jittery and appear to hang for a split second (including the system as the mouse pointer stops too). Tried it in windows media player 11, same result. This also happens when I play videos. Well I did a clean uninstall of the sound drivers (it was by Realtek btw) and reinstalled them using the latest release versions. Still didn't work. I even installed the Realtek HD Audio Driver (latest 1.65) which worked for me before I had this problem. Thinking that it could be due to corrupted Windows files, I backed up my files to another hard drive and did a clean reinstall of windows xp home + sp2. Installing the sound drivers again, I awaited a 'jitter-free' sound from my pc, but I was disappointed to find out that the problem was still there. Could it be that my sound card is not working properly anymore? Or it was the BIOS update that caused the problem? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
Registered Member

Try reinstalling your following chipset..

https://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...D=1&CatID=1070

Install..reboot..reinstall audio drivers...reboot
Old 04-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #3

Wow, did what u just suggested and the Hyperion VIA chipset drivers worked like a charm! The one I previously used was from MSI's website and that probably had some issues on it. Thanks dude, I'll post again if the problem persists today, otherwise case closed! Thanks again!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help needed with onboard video.
I have a mad prob. I'm in iraq, and my agp vid card to shrap from a mortar that landed outside my window and made it kaput. So i resorted back to the onboard video, but now I have no 3d capabilities. I.E. no games will play. And I can't dowload the drivers for the onboard. My MB is "acorp" wich no...
hellrogue Windows XP Support 48 07-14-2007 01:29 AM
What ram to get
Hello I am aiming to upgrade my computer. I have a windows xp SP2. My CPU is a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz, My current ram or so it says is 224. I am wanting to go to 1 gig. I would like to know if i can do this and if i can. How do i know what to get. Do I want DDR or what I am really...
Frozencrow RAM and Power Supply Support 23 03-25-2007 05:00 AM
Sound Problem (Sound Blaster Audigy, Vista)
Hey, having some real odd problems lately since installation of Vista (Home Premium) :rolleyes: I just cant figure it out, ok heres whats up. I have sound on my computer perfectly fine I guess except for one game. PSU (Phantasy Star Universe), when I run it my sound cuts completely, I cant hear...
dark_leon3000 PC Gaming Support 16 03-11-2007 06:55 PM
need help getting sound card to work
I have read the two current threads that deal with problems similar to mine. I just installed a new sound blaster Audigny SE card. I formerly had onboard sound - soundmax, and it's an Intel X86 board. I can play system sounds, but otherwise I have no sound. My desktop speakers are...
villandra Sound Cards 1 11-20-2006 07:57 AM
Does not recognise some DVDs?
Hello all, Could someone please help? I've just fitted a new DVD-RW and immediately began using Nero 7 Premium to burn a DVD. I'd previously tried out the player with about 3 DVDs. The first two played fine but the third seemed to get stuck midway through playing. I know that the drive plays...
Ibsen3 Removable Media Drives 34 03-29-2006 09:50 AM