Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Sound in safe mode

This is a discussion on Sound in safe mode within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have no sound in safe mode- when I click on the speaker link I get a message saying, "no

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 05:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have no sound in safe mode- when I click on the speaker link I get a message saying, "no audio output device is installed," but there is one because when the computer was working in regular mode, it played. Lenovo ThinkPad, running Windows 7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2015, 06:43 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Normal. By default the drivers are not installed.

Safe Mode only loads Windows components and only starts Windows drivers for basic hardware needed for the computer to function. All extra hardware/drivers are not installed. Safe Mode is for troubleshooting.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #3
Registered Member

Right now I have a driver problem in normal mode, so cannot get internet to open. Any thoughts on how to find/fix that driver JimE?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Use another computer with internet access and download the driver (network/Lan/wifi)and put them on to a usb drive or burn to a disc and transfer to your machine. you can enter your model number here https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/ and get the correct driver page.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
Registered Member

Wish I had access to another machine.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #6
Moderator - Hardware

My System

How do you know it's a "driver problem"? What troubleshooting have you done? What is the actual problem?

If you need networking in Safe Mode, you have to choose that option when booting. See image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	F8_safemode.png
Views:	26
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	246426

Old 07-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #7
Registered Member

Cry

This is what a technician told me. Technically I do not "know" that it is a driver problem; I am relying on expert advice. I have been doing my networking in safe mode, however I would like to get my full capabilities back. I am very close to bringing her in to the shop.

I have tried restart, soft reset, and going back to last working timestamp, all after battery drain. Today I tried disabling extensions. Still nothing.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:25 AM   #8
Registered Member

Joeten,

Would that would if I downloaded it onto the machine while in safe mode? If so, I can try it.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:41 AM   #9
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Yes it should allow you to install the driver.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:07 AM   #10
Moderator - Hardware

My System

If you are booting into Safe Mode, then audio isn't your only issue (otherwise there is no need to boot into Safe Mode just for an audio issue). So what exactly is not working? What errors are you seeing?

Closed Thread