Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Sound card not working properly

This is a discussion on Sound card not working properly within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I really need your help with this !! I use a HP Compaq 15-s007TU Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello I really need your help with this !!

I use a HP Compaq 15-s007TU Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1)
When I plug in my earphones I donít hear anything, although the laptop detects the earphones and my laptop speakers work fine.

I bought a TERABYTE USB Sound Card, 7.1 Channel, USB to Speaker & Mic Audio Adapter thinking it should help but it doesnít work on my laptop but works on my friends PC.
Whats the problem ? How do I fix it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2015, 07:26 PM   #2
Troubled

Hello.

When did this start happening? If it detects your speakers and also detects your headset I would think it might be a software configuration issue? meaning the audio configuration software. Be it Realtek or other. Some laptops have an issue with proper headset detection when it's initially plugged in if it's using a codec other than Realtek - like IDT.

Try opening up your audio configuration software, it's usually running on the bottom extreme right side of your windows taskbar. Try plugging in the speakers again. Let it play, and switch to the headset, and let it go ahead and auto-detect but this time manually stitch it to "speakers". See if you hear sound from your headset. If not manually toggle it to "headset" again see what happens.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hate to state the obvious but did you set the earphones as the default audio output device?
-Go to control panel
-Use the search function on the top right and type "manage audio devices"
-then under the "playback" tab set the earphones as the default, note that they might be listed otherwise, e.g headphones/speakers
-Also if that doesn't work double-click on that device, go under the "levels" tab and slide the volume towards the right.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
laptop sound bugging out + strange twist (sound card?)
my lenovo laptop was running fine, but all of a sudden the sound started freaking out and about every second or so, the sound would cut out, and cut back in, ex. im playing a video and the people are talking, but it sounds like "th--- is h--- fin---- compu----" or something like that. the...
rotwhip3 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 01-01-2014 07:46 AM
Media Centre doesn't detect Freesat tuner properly, and gets no picture, sound only
I have a recently delivered Windows 7 64 bit SP1 computer, replacing a much older one which developed a motherboard fault. The older computer (also running Win 7 64 bit SP1) used two Hauppauge Nova HD S2 PCI cards as TV tuners, and worked fine with Media Centre. Now I can't get Media Centre...
johnwmcc Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 02-12-2012 04:46 PM
Pc won't boot with Creative sound card
Hi aLL..Firstly, i am so sorry for my English. One of my friends has a problem with a new bought Creative Sound card. VATAN COMPUTER - CREATIVE - SOUND BLASTER 5.1 PCI SES KARTI - OEM Muhtelif Kart If we don't use sound card, pc boots and we can reach to windows. If we plug sound card to...
mesuthaksoy Sound Cards 7 12-07-2011 04:47 PM
Sound through external speakers not working properly.
I have just recently bought a second hand laptop (Compaq Presario C731TU) running Windows Vista, with conexant HD Smartaudio 221 sound. When I plug in external speakers (even a standard set of head phones) it's as if some sound is missing e.g. Main vocals on a music track, or if it was surround,...
EvHed Sound Cards 1 07-01-2011 01:35 PM