Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

sound card not recognized hp dv6707us laptop win7/vista

This is a discussion on sound card not recognized hp dv6707us laptop win7/vista within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, I have this hp dv6707us and the sound card is not recognized in windows 7 or windows vista...

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Grin

Hey guys, I have this hp dv6707us and the sound card is not recognized in windows 7 or windows vista... I tried to format, and still the same problem.

The problem appeared when I updated the windows vista. all of a sudden the sound stopped.

I tried to format but it doesn't work. And I couldn't install drivers because the windows doesn't recognize the sound card. So when i try to install a driver it says that there is no device.

any solutions?

XD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

All of the devices with yellow ! are devices that are missing drivers.

HP only supports Vista on that model. Ensure you have all of the drivers installed from the HP website.

>> Software & driver downloads HP Pavilion dv6707tx Special Edition Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support

Old 11-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

Smile

Just one thing, my notebook is dv6707us entertainment, and the link from your answer is for dv6707tx Special Edition Entertainment, did you advised to install a different one for a special reason or should i get for the dv6707us entertainment edition, or it doesn't matter ?

(Extra fact: Strange thing is that,before, whenever I formatted the laptop, it cameback with sound...and it was easy to install the drivers)

Mean while, I'll install vista again, then install the drivers you told me. Thanks for the feedback, in moments i will post the results here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #4
Registered Member

I installed windows vista, and still couldn't install the drivers you told me (I also tried the ones for dv670us at the hp website), plus the chipset seems not to work, because there is no access to the internet. Still, I downloaded from my tablet.

well, the same... it says the driver can't be installed because there is no device. As in the title, it doesn't recognize the sound card. And I know there must be a way to do it, maybe through another chipset... another driver... because it was working before, when I was runing windows vista and windows 7, and I had the same problem before after formating it, and a guy fixed for me, but i have no contact with him anymore (before someone tells me to get out of this website and go search for this guy :P)
Old 11-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #5
Moderator - Hardware

My System

You are correct, I linked the wrong drivers.

In any event, assuming the hardware is working properly, the drivers from HP should install without any issue. Based on the screenshot you posted above, many of the motherboard drivers are not installed. So start with the "chipset" drivers.

> Software & driver downloads HP Pavilion dv6707us Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support

Old 11-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #6
Registered Member

I did it, with the windows vista it says that the "uninstaller" (yes, that's what it says when I try to install it) is for version 32, while I'm using 64 bits. (and, yes, I selected 64 bits on the website)
With windows 7 it installs but nothing changes.

So I guess the problem is with the chipset.

Additionally: when I click at the sound iccon this message appears:
Old 11-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #7
Registered Member

Since the issue is with the motherboard I should post at another part of this forum ... right?
Old 11-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Doesn't matter. This is basically a driver issue, so the driver board would be ideal. But it's not necessary to move it or start a new topic.

Post a screenshot of the System information (Control Panel / System). It will list the basic PC specs and OS information.

How are you testing Vista and Win7 drivers? Are you performing a fresh install from CD/DVD each time?

Old 11-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #9
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Typical install order:

1) install OS from CD / DVD
2) install latest drivers from manufacturer (order: motherboard/system first, then additional chipsets such as NIC, USB, audio, and video last)
3) install all of the OS patches/updates

NOTE: It is sometimes necessary to install the latest service pack before installing the drivers. It's not common, but I've had cases where drivers wouldn't install/install properly without the service pack installed first.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:40 AM   #10
Registered Member

I tried installing first the chipset, and the latest BIOS, and it didn't work... I just discovered I'm using the latest SP for win7 and also for vista. :)
Old 11-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
Registered Member

Ok, I got a little confused with motherboard/system drivers which i have to install first. is it bios ? well, anyway, I installed Bios then tried chipset, but chipset doesn't work.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:15 AM   #12
Moderator - Hardware

My System

BIOS isn't a driver. It's the firmware (ie: software) for the motherboard. It's basically the software used by the motherboard to control all of the motherboard hardware.

The chipset drivers are used by the OS (ie: Windows) to communicate with the motherboard and utilize the hardware.

Are you still getting the same error?

Old 11-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #13
Registered Member

I'm getting the same error. It looks like the chipset from the hp website doesn't install. so i need to find a way to install the SMBus and SMU and ethernet drivers from another source... correct me if I'm mistaken, please.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #14
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

This will show you how to find info on drivers https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...rs-419050.html

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #15
Moderator - Hardware

My System

I could be mistaken, but I believe there are numerous driver packages available for that model (I can't verify at the moment as the HP side is not responding). I seem to recall the ethernet (network) driver was seperate.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:43 AM   #16
Registered Member

Oh, if you could find another driver packages that has the SMBus, SMU and ethernet, it would be the solution I guess, since they are the drivers of the chipset if I'm not mistaken. I'm still trying to find since yesterday. :D
Old 12-01-2014, 04:53 AM   #17
Registered Member

If at leasti could run insternet on windows vista...without internet i can't even use a program to help me install the drivers
Old 12-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #18
Registered Member

Aha. Now I'm able to use vista 64 bits with internet... I have no idea how i made it exactly, but the wifi works now... the only thing is the sound,video and game controllers that is missing from the device manager. which drivers are responsible for that ? Any solutions ?
Old 12-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #19
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Open the Device Manager
Right Click on the Device in question
Properties
Details Tab

In XP the VEN_ #### and DEV_ #### is located under Device Instance ID
In Vista and Win7 the VEN_ #### and DEV_#### is located under Hardware ID

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #20
Registered Member

Sorry, just noticed this message now. Yes, each time I made a fresh install which takes long time...

Now i don t need windows 7 anymore,coz i fixed the internet.
:)
Closed Thread