Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Sound adjuster has dissapeard

This is a discussion on Sound adjuster has dissapeard within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The tool that changes volume has some how dissapeard from the toolbar and i am not able to use the

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:42 AM   #1

Exclamation

The tool that changes volume has some how dissapeard from the toolbar and i am not able to use the speakers in the computer which gets quite anyoing when its used for movie editing.

I was told to download somthing to get it working again but i cant remember what it is and if some one cant help me ill have to pay the hundreds to get it checked out. Headphones and over speakers still dont work and any advice would be appriciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2007, 05:04 AM   #2

The little speaker icon by the clock?

Start --> Control Panel --> Sound and audio devices --> Make sure "place volume icon in taskbar" is checked.

Any luck?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:39 PM   #3

I checked it and it has been deleted, i dont know how but i need to install a new one any idea were i can get one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Reinstall the audio drivers. If it's onboard sound, use the motherboard CD. If it's a sound card, go to the manufacturer's website for the latest driver.

To fix the missing volume control in the taskbar, insert the Windows CD, go to Start > Run > cmd to bring up a command prompt window. Type d: [enter] (where d is the letter for your cd drive), then type cd i386 [enter], type expand sndvol32.ex_ c:\windows\system32\sndvol32.exe [enter] (note the space after ex_), type exit to close the window, and then reboot.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help getting sound card to work
I have read the two current threads that deal with problems similar to mine. I just installed a new sound blaster Audigny SE card. I formerly had onboard sound - soundmax, and it's an Intel X86 board. I can play system sounds, but otherwise I have no sound. My desktop speakers are...
villandra Sound Cards 1 11-20-2006 07:57 AM
Sound Stuttering. Hardware Buffering.
I have a sound stuttering problem. Please help :). I think I know what the problem is, the dxdiag says my sound card "does not support hardware buffering" (when I run the soundtest). I think this may be it as the problem only occours on my newer games, i.e. when more of the CPU is being eaten...
Da_Funky_Gibbon Sound Cards 1 07-16-2005 08:09 PM
No sound with Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit card
Id like to thank whoever helps me on this one ahead of time. I am fairly competent with computers and this just stifles me. My sound quit working on my PC so I disabled it through BIOS and bought a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit card. I uninstalled my current Audio apps and followed the...
pfran42 Sound Cards 4 03-22-2005 03:51 PM
Getting 5.1 sound from all apps
Running XP Pro SP2 on GigaByte 7N board with built-in NVidia sound. I added a CMedia 5.1 PCI sound card and I've attached a set of Dell 5650 5.1 speakers. I installed the drivers and apps from the CMedia CD. Using the Sounds and Audio Devices control panel, I switched all the sound sources to use...
ericc Sound Cards 0 03-07-2005 08:32 PM
Need HELP - sound device problem
I hope no one's questioned this problem before - if so, sorry about it. I've been having major troubles with my sound device lately. My system is a Dell Inspiron 8600 - got it several months ago and it's been working perfectly. I've been happy with it until two weeks ago. The problem's been...
virus_kontrolle Sound Cards 0 02-27-2005 11:51 AM