Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Sound card with a wireless headset

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Sound card with a wireless headset within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I currently own a Sennheiser PC360 wired headset with an Asus Xonar DG sound card. The headset has been

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I currently own a Sennheiser PC360 wired headset with an Asus Xonar DG sound card.

The headset has been going wrong recently, so I will be returning it to Amazon for a full refund. The PC360 is not sold anymore, so I have decided to get a wireless headset instead - a SteelSeries H wireless.

My question is, what happens with the sound card when I start using a wireless headset? Can the H's transmitter box plug into it? Will it make any difference to sound/CPU performance? Or should I just return or give away the sound card?

All information, advice and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Depends on how you connect it. There are multiple inputs. USB or optical won't be affected by the sound card.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
laptop sound bugging out + strange twist (sound card?)
my lenovo laptop was running fine, but all of a sudden the sound started freaking out and about every second or so, the sound would cut out, and cut back in, ex. im playing a video and the people are talking, but it sounds like "th--- is h--- fin---- compu----" or something like that. the...
rotwhip3 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 01-01-2014 07:46 AM
External Sound Card for use with 5.1 Headset
What external sound card would to suitable to connect a Tritton Pro+ 5.1 Headset to a laptop? The decoder box uses USB and optical digital. I have shopped around for one but the prices vary massively and I'm not really sure what I need, so I'd appreciate some advice and recommendations. :confused:
JWTaylor Sound Cards 1 05-23-2013 03:31 PM
[SOLVED] Wireless Card Detected, But No Internet in 2nd PCI Slot
Hello there, Hope this is the right forum. I have an interesting problem, though quite frustrating. I've found that my wireless card does not access internet in the "2nd" pci slot. After much perusing of forum threads, I've tried many things before posting and will list all my attempts...
SaigoChan Cabling and Network Cards 6 09-05-2012 04:19 PM
External sound card is too loud! (headset)
So, I recently purchased an external sound card. It's an adapter for letting me plug my 3.5mm jack headset into the PS3's USB port. It's working smoothly, except the microphone is very sensitive. On the lowest volume, it picks up people opening doors, and their footsteps, all the way across the...
CountVonCount Sound Cards 1 11-13-2011 11:09 AM
Removed graphics card, lost sound
Hello! So my old graphics card died on me a few days ago, and I had to remove it from my computer and run without it for around 2 days. When I removed it, I lost sound for no explainable reason. I then got a new card, because I needed it, and still have no sound. My old card was an nVidia Geforce...
Strelkhov Sound Cards 1 06-02-2011 04:49 PM