Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Sound card problem :(

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Sound card problem :( within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Story goes like this: I had registry error bluescreen of death. I couldn't fix it but found that recover computer

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Story goes like this:

I had registry error bluescreen of death. I couldn't fix it but found that recover computer to the last working setting should work, yeah it's worked but my sound disappeared also my device in the device manager.

How should I fix it? (Lenovo G580, Windows 7 SP1 x64)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hi ReadLiaoFanBook and welcome to TSF

Fingers crossed, it's just the driver corrupted. Try installing the latest audio-driver for your laptop - Link

If you get another BSOD, please make a note of the error-code and post it here(usually 'Stop: 0000xxxxx xxxxxxxx' etc.)

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Old 04-08-2015, 07:35 AM   #3
Registered Member

The BSOD is fixed already, thank you! :)

but there is no card in device manager so when I trying to install drivers it's shows there is no device to install it. :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

That is typically an indication that the hardware is faulty.

Enter the BIOS and ensure the audio chipset is enabled.

Also, if it is enabled, try disabling it, save the settings, boot into Windows, shut down. Boot back into the BIOS, enable the chipset, save the settings, and boot into Windows. Check to see if it's found.

Hardware detection is a hardware process. It's possible that the registry is (still) corrupt, but not likely. Whenever I'd had hardware not detected and listed in Device Manager, the hardware was faulty.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:38 AM   #5
Registered Member

You can delete this thread or assume as fixed. I found that I forgot password to BIOS so... good luck for me.

Thank you for reply. I just bought the USB card for now as I'm not using sounds much, mostly using to listen youtube talks so I think it should be okay for it.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

That's the main problem with laptops, great for portability and saving space, but bad for swapping dead bits out

Still, if you're happy with the USB sounds, then that's good - I've marked this thread as <solved> for now, if you have any further questions/problems please feel free to start a new thread

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Closed Thread