Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Headset microphone not appearing in recording devices.

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Headset microphone not appearing in recording devices. within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently bought a gaming headset(SADES SA-708) and when I plug the mic chord in, no recording device shows up

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently bought a gaming headset(SADES SA-708) and when I plug the mic chord in, no recording device shows up in the list. I dont recieve any notifications that I plugged in a new device either. Im currently running windows 8.1 on the hp pavilion 15 notebook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Do you have another mic to test with to ensure the laptop is working? Or test the mic on another PC.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

nevermind, I was being an idiot...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
Registered Member

Well you said you have solved the problem but how? I'm having the exact same problem. It lets me play music through it but it won't register that i have a mic whatsoever. When I try to record something in Audacity it just won't let me. If you can tell me how you fixed it I will be very grateful
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chrome Problems
Hello, i am posting this topic in this part of the forum since am am not receiving support where it currently is. https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/chrome-problems-886618.html Does this sound like malware? When i do get chrome working the pages are often not responding. This has turned...
gozzygozborn Resolved HJT Threads 14 09-03-2014 12:44 PM
My brand new expensive microphone keeps on giving off static whilst recording
Basically i just bought an expensive microphone that just keeps giving off static during playback. Even when i dont say anything and just press record. I managed to improve the sound by going to control panel-hardware & sound-manage audio devices- Recording-microphone (advanced)- 16 bit studio...
Syd Justice Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 14 12-06-2011 12:59 PM
Microphone recording sounds like I'm in a barrel
There was a previous thread about this, and I'm having the same problem. This microphone I'm using was used several years ago to make a phone call and the "barrel" sound happened then according to the other person. For recording I'm using WavePad and the "barrel" sound is very apparent. It must be...
pbone_tsf Other Hardware Support 3 10-04-2011 07:45 AM
Getting to recording devices.
Hi There. I am having a bother with using a program that I need to use for audio requirements. ie. To record with a microphone. It doesn't recognise a mic when plugged in - although it is working. Apparently, I need to get to the hidden recording device for permissions? I can get to some...
Mapperley Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 01-31-2011 11:11 AM
No Sound from Microphone part of USB headset
Hello, I am setting up a USB headphone/microphone with my PC and I can not get the microphone to work, although the headphone function does. It is a "Freedom FreeTalk" headset. I can not hear any recording when I try it with the sound recorder located under "Accessories" in the start menu (I have...
NeferKheprj Other Hardware Support 8 01-13-2011 05:53 PM