Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Audio switching to 48MHz, causing temporary loss of sound

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Audio switching to 48MHz, causing temporary loss of sound within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I was hoping someone could help me with this rather peculiar problem I'm having with the sound output on

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me with this rather peculiar problem I'm having with the sound output on my PC.

Essentially, for 1-2 seconds all audio output from the entire PC will be inaudible, then it will return to normal. This can happen seemingly randomly, with anywhere between 1 minute and 2 hours between occurrences.

I have tracked down one correlation for the problem, that was found in the Event Logs, Under Applications and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Audio/PlaybackManager. Every time the audio pause occurs I will see a log similar to this: https://puu.sh/ftb23/48ec16899a.png The log folder is filled with similar events, but every time I encounter an audio loss, the Frequency is always 48,000KHz, and format '3'.

The problem has occurred on 3 different sound devices, each with their respective drivers installed, so I know it's not a hardware or driver issue, but rather likely an OS problem or maybe conflicting software.

Unfortunately I don't have much more info than that, but if you have even the tiniest idea, then I would hugely appreciate your help. I'm a technically minded guy, but this has me completely stumped.
Thanks.

Relevant Specs:
Win 8.1 Pro
i7 4770k (OC to 4.1GHz)
16GB RAM
ASUS Xonar DG Sound Card
750W PSU
Hardware temps are normal, OS and drivers are updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Sound on PC (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver)
I'll give you guys the full story with as much information as possible to make this as easy as possible. Yesterday i installed a game however, when i went to play i got a message saying my 'Sound-Driver was occupied by another application and i needed to close that application in order to play...
Conwork Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 01-01-2013 05:27 PM
"no audio device" "no playback device" "No Sound Card was found"
ok.. I'm stuck.. puzzled... I recently had a professional computer fix it company wipe my computer and now I do not have any sound. I do not have even the little icon on the bottom left hand corner to turn volume up or down. My keyboard does not allow me to turn the volume up or down, it ...
STLj Sound Cards 9 03-30-2012 04:56 PM
windows 7 freezes during startup
i have been having issues since friday my computer seems to freeze on startup. it gets to the welcome screen and freezes. someone recommended doing a boot log but i don't know how to know what it means. the whole thing is to long but here is the last part someone please help Loaded...
mucwen Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 12-11-2011 08:32 PM
[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum. Problem: I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS:S and roughly within 15 minutes (give or take) I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS:S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is saying anywhere from...
X Myth BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 40 03-28-2011 01:53 AM