Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Separate Volume Settings For Speakers & Headphones

This is a discussion on Separate Volume Settings For Speakers & Headphones within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a new Dell OptiPlex 3050 and I am trying to set different default volume levels for headphones and

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I have a new Dell OptiPlex 3050 and I am trying to set different default volume levels for headphones and speakers.

For some reason, speaker/headphones are under a single group. Also, there seems to be additional volume settings depending on what I'm watching/listening to in Microsoft Edge (see attached).

Tommy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	319164  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
Game Team Tech

The speakers or headphones will be on the same channel so you can't have two volume settings as when you plug in the headphones no sound will come from the speakers.

The other volume settings are for audio if you move the first slider up or down you can see all the other will move up and down this is the main audio volume but it you click on the second slider you can adjust the audio to your own settings and so on.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:33 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Thanks steve32mids
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM
Desktop.ini (Trojan) found
I was infected about 2 weeks ago with a virus that was redirecting me when I selected links in my google searches and giving me fake Security Center popups. At the time, I had only Adaware installed which reported finding something like a "win32agent." I then installed other AV programs...
remo26 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 24 12-11-2011 11:53 AM
[SOLVED] Command line problem
Hi, I wanted to be able to induce the screensaver on my monitor when I was finished working. So, I followed the instructions on this link: How can I turn off the monitor (i.e., "put it to - Microsoft Answers EXCEPT that the second part of the instruction doesn't work i.e. the monitor...
priapus Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 50 06-18-2011 10:17 AM
Trojan Horse Backdoor.Generic12.CJBK Help
Hello, I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3 and recently my AVG Virus Scan 9.0 found the following Trojan Horse which it cannot seem to get rid off: Trojan Horse Backdoor.Generic12.CJBK Please help me in eliminating this trojan. I followed the "First Steps" as requested and will post...
alegotgame Resolved HJT Threads 21 01-26-2011 11:51 PM