Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

READ - Asus Xonar DSX popping noise solution!

This is a discussion on READ - Asus Xonar DSX popping noise solution! within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello there, I've only recently come accros the solution to this horrible problem that's bugged me for a year or

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
TSF Enthusuast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hello there,
I've only recently come accros the solution to this horrible problem that's bugged me for a year or so.

If you have an Asus Xonar sound card in your computer and it makes popping noises whenever you resume audio playback, make sure that your Smart Volume Normalization setting is off!
The settings are accessible through the Asus proprietary software called: Xonar DSX Audio Center.

I hope this helps someone.

Best,
Mihael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Thanks for sharing.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beeping Sounds in the Background
I went to a site today and immediately realized it was a "bad" site, but was on a browser without WoT. (I was searching for the difference between a wet and a dry cappuccinno and ended up at some file server.) Anyway, shortly after, I could hear background sounds that sounded like a virus was...
flourcollie Inactive Malware Help Topics 26 12-02-2012 11:43 PM
[SOLVED] XBMCbuntu - No Sound
After a few months of trying and testing different OSes for my NES-PC project, I have finally settled on an OS that meets my needs and wants for the project... As you probably guessed it's XBMCbuntu... I tried using other distros with XBMC installed but I like the interface and the way XMBC is...
GZ Linux Support 31 05-18-2012 04:21 AM
[SOLVED] probable malware on HP laptop
I was asked to fix an HP laptop running Win 7 Home (German). It has been running very slowly and I suspect malware as the cause. While running dds and gmer on it, it bluescreened 4 times and also the Avira antivirus picked up a few virii in different areas. I have no boot or installation disks...
rhorton Resolved HJT Threads 61 02-19-2012 08:51 AM
win7 deos not boot anymore & no letter
An Hard disk of a friend (with win 7) doesn't boot anymore. The win7 installation disk cannot find the original OS on it but, if you open a shell from the recovery win7 page, you see the drive and all the files in the boot directory. I then attached this HDD to my PC via USB and one of the 3...
bobcat22 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 10-05-2011 08:37 AM
[SOLVED] VCExpress Problem, Probably AppData\Permissions Problem?
I think it should be related to this forum because I think the problem is something with AppData \ Permissions which is related to Windows 7. I'm having a problem while running\installing Visual C++. The problem started 2 days ago, it did work before. When I'm trying to run I'm getting this...
benben12 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 8 02-09-2011 12:45 PM