Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RANDOM REBOOT Computer Crash

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Jovell 
#1 ·
Re: FREQUENT REBOOT/Frequent Computer Crashing

Hello to all. Can somebody please assist me how to fix my computer? I am experiencing "Frequent Rebooting". I do not know what is happening and what remedy will solve the problem.

What's happening, after I have reformatted my computer from xp-sp2 to xp-sp3 the problem occur. When in time I am the middle of my internet connection browsing, my computer will suddenly turn off and will reboot by itself.

At first, I don't mind my computer rebooting, I thought what is happening is it's still in adjusting condition after it was upgraded to xp-sp3 OS, but when it's becoming like frequent rebooting, (in no time and no warnings) I began to worry and gets irritated.

A friend told me to try removing my Creative SOUND BLASTER LIVE 24 Bit Sound card and after, try connecting to the internet again and see what will happen.

My friend is right. After I've removed my sound card, my internet connections become stable. But removing my sound card is not an answer or a solution to the problem right? Without my sound card, I will not enjoy my computer functionality fully.

Anyway, below is the ERROR Code I am getting:

BCCode : 10000012 BCP1 : 00000002 BCP2 : 8001003B BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Jovell\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9a04.dir00\Mini102408-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Jovell\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9a04.dir00\sysdata.xml

Can somebody please help me on this? I am not that a computer literate in technical side of it. (know how in Operating System and Hardware). If somebody had the same problem before and have resolved the same issue please kindly share them to me so I can get out from this annoying problem.

Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
turn off the auto reboot
to turn off the auto reboot
control panel /sysytem/advanced/startup and recovery settings
then untick the auto reboot box
post any bsod error messages the computer freezes on in full

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and tempretures and post them

#4 · (Edited)
Hi! I did this

turn off the auto reboot
to turn off the auto reboot
control panel /sysytem/advanced/startup and recovery settings

After doing so and connect to internet my computer crash again but this time its different, my screen turn blue and have this message.

SYSTEM ERROR

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN

If this the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS Memory Options such as caching or shadowing, If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Start Up Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000012 (0x00000002, 0x8001003B, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump completed.

Contact your system administrator or your technical support group for further assistance.

But still I didn't do anything because I do not know what will happen next. But you know what I suspect? I suspect is my sound card. I think I did not able to install the right driver. I don't know where to get or download them. I do not have the original CD anymore.

My Sound Card:

Trade Name: Creative Labs Model Number: SB0410
Sound Blaster Live! 24 Bit. Where can I get the proper driver for this model?

By running windows update, I can only get "SB Live! 24 Bit" as driver to my sound card. And its working, but don't have control on it. I am not sure if this is enough as driver to install to make my sound card work properly and not cause random rebooting specially when I am connected to the internet.

If you have solution to my problem please explain to me and tell me the step by step procedure.

Again thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.