Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Problem with Turtle Beach X12

This is a discussion on Problem with Turtle Beach X12 within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The mic picks up background noises. Can't really talk to people on Skype without them hearing my games in the

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

The mic picks up background noises. Can't really talk to people on Skype without them hearing my games in the background.
How do I configure it so the mic just picks up my voice. I am using Win10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Update you profile, it still shows Win7

Disable stereo mix or "what you hear" in the audio configuration.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Update you profile, it still shows Win7

Disable stereo mix or "what you hear" in the audio configuration.
Disabled stereo mix. Didn't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 04:16 PM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

That should take care of it for a standard 3.5mm type mic connected to the audio chipset. If it's a USB type headset or mic, then the options will be in the USB software/drivers for that headset/mic.

Old 12-05-2015, 12:06 PM   #5
Troubled

My System

I have the X12's as well and there is no software with it as it uses whatever sound card/onboard sound you are using. and the USB jack is merely for amplification. It's a known issue with the background noise and the MIC and it has to do with how close the speaker-out/headset (green) jack is with the MIC jack (pink) on the headset and the interference of said. There are workarounds on youtube, but my own setup has very little of that interference so I don't use the fix.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search