Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

one side of my ear piece does not work and i hear no sound

This is a discussion on one side of my ear piece does not work and i hear no sound within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, not sure where to post this so if I posted this in the wrong section, please move this thread

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
C84
Troubled

Hi, not sure where to post this so if I posted this in the wrong section, please move this thread to the right area on this forum. I have a problem with one of my ear pieces which does not have audio at all in one ear piece for example when I watch YouTube vids or play pc games but I can hear sound on the other side. I am not sure what the name of this computer gizmo is but it allows for me to hear audio privately in just my ears rather then my whole place or from my labtop. I don't even know what brand this gizmo is but there is a symbol on it wich says this>>> SIIG. how do fix this issue and get this gizmo to have audio in both ear pieces?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2018, 12:05 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

The gizmo you're referring to are probably In-Ear earphones.

Can you use the same device on your mobile phone or tablet and see if both earpieces work ? If you see the same behavior there as (where the specific earpiece doesn't have audio, check if it says L/R on it) well chances are there might be a break in the connection between the main cord/wire to the small ear piece.

If you're good with electronics, you can test the connectivity by stripping a small piece of the sheath and then testing it with a multi meter for connectivity, OR run another parallel wire to make the contact, if you're not good with electronics, time to throw it away and get a new one.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #3
C84
Troubled

Well I tried the phone thing you suggested, it did the same thing in my phone to so it looks like I will have to buy a new one. I cant do the electronics thing you suggested as I am not tech savy and low tech. What ear phones would you suggest I purchase based on my preferences>>> The best lowest price/cheapest longest lasting ear phones available in the usa or world?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Good that we've confirmed that the earphone is faulty.

Earphones are very difficult to recommend since you will get varied reviews on which one is good or bad, which one fits, which one has a sturdy wire, I've seen a lot of mixed reviews and recommendations.

If you have earphones which came along with your phone/tablet in the box, you can use them as well, no need to buy new ones.

If you want cheap ones, go for Skull candy or Amazon Basics..

Closed Thread