Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

onboard soundcard not detected

This is a discussion on onboard soundcard not detected within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My machine is an hp compaq running win xp sp3. However, it cannot detect the onboard soundcard as it is

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 04:44 AM   #1
Registered Member

My machine is an hp compaq running win xp sp3. However, it cannot detect the onboard soundcard as it is not listed under device manager. I only get the message that there is no audio device installed.
Integrated audio in bios is enabled and I have checked windows audio under 'services' is started. I have sent the following attachment showing system specs and device manager status.

What I cannot understand is that i have used the same CD to install the operating system on other machines without suffering any sound problem
Can someone assist??

Uncle_Sam
Attached Files
File Type: doc system.doc (617.5 KB, 20 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 07:13 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

From the sounds of it this is a new install?
Have you installed all chip set drivers from the motherboard manufacturers site?
Old 08-13-2015, 07:33 AM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Typically, if it's not listed in Device Manager, then it's not being recognized by Windows. All hardware should be recognized before you worry about installing drivers (ie: core hardware directly attached to, or part of, the motherboard). If it's not recognized, it's most likely faulty.

Restore the BIOS to default, save, reboot, enter the BIOS and ensure the audio chipset is enabled (and make any other changes needed for your configuration). Then boot into Windows.

Also, try getting the latest motherboard drivers from HP. The CD is very likely out of date.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
delta search/babylon etc
Hi, Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me with this please. Have delta search and babylon plus something to do with 'conduit' I think i have performed the correct scans/logs. Please advise me if i need to do any more if not correct. Many thanks again. Emma # AdwCleaner...
emmathorne Resolved HJT Threads 27 12-07-2013 12:08 AM
hi Frnds ! Is this an onboard graphic chip issue or something else ? need ur help...
Hey Frnd -Hi ! I need ur help in solving a pc issue. I use onboard graphics nd It seems like there is some issue with the Onboard Graphics or its Driver. The pc issue started wid "Yellow Vertical Lines" at Startup, where press 'Del' to enter bios etc options are given n then pc continuous...
myfrnd.anshul Video Card Support 3 09-10-2013 10:34 AM
laptop problems
my laptop have on pup.webcake and rootkit.0access.them quarantine in malwarebytes anti-malware but my laptop is still acting slow i would like to remove them off for my laptop, i have no windows install disc or boot cd.thank u very much for ur help so here is dds.text DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) -...
rasmar Resolved HJT Threads 20 07-28-2013 04:56 PM
Search redirect virus - please help.
My McAffe did not pick up a search redirect virus. I seems to want to redirect me to Intellius, among others, but it does not always hyappen. I can't figure the pattern. I do not have the original windows install disk, it was pre-loaded. Thank you. I have attached the zip file with the other...
jimmyp68 Resolved HJT Threads 21 06-07-2012 07:50 AM
[SOLVED] Installed new video card now onboard video not detected.
Motherboard: K9N6PGM2-V2 Model No: MS-7309 OS: Windows 7 Professional This afternoon, I installed a Raedeon x 1300 with the hopes of running dual monitors. Unfortunately, while the new card works great, Windows no longer sees the onboard video card which worked fine until the installation of...
AlexEss Video Card Support 2 01-01-2011 08:14 AM