Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

Odd Microphone Behavior

This is a discussion on Odd Microphone Behavior within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I'm Fox. And my computer has been behaving oddly since last night. For some reason when using skype or

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I'm Fox. And my computer has been behaving oddly since last night. For some reason when using skype or anything after using skype, the microphone cuts out. What I mean by this is that when you go into recording devices and properties for that device, in the levels tab, it mutes itself. If you adjust the slider and turn the volume back up, it mutes itself again after 1-3 seconds. This happens with three different microphones, 2 USB microphones and the built-in one. The actual audio I receive is fine. It's just the microphone that does this.

I've tried solving this problem on my own and I'll list me attempted solutions here.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers for all of the sound cards and then restarting to reinstall them. No luck.

I've tried adjusting the microphone properties to disallow applications from taking exclusive control of it. No luck.

I've tried downloading the free version of Malwarebytes in order to see if it was a virus. No luck.

All of these I've tried and I'm not sure what to do. I run Windows 10. Another problem that I've been having is that my computer does this odd thing where it refuses to connect to wifi. It says it cannot connect to that network. If I wait a few minutes, it will connect to the network. Other devices don't have this issue. I'm not sure if this is potentially related so I thought I'd list it here as well.

Please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 odd microphone behaviour.
Before I start I use this same USB camera in the same setup on three different computers of different makes and the problem only occurs on this one, here are the specs. Computer has had a fresh install all drivers installed and runs perfectly including PC games except for this one annoyance. ...
thrombox Windows XP Support 5 02-26-2012 04:56 AM
Google searches being redirected
Occasionally when I Google something it will redirect me to another website. I already tried using Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware, both did not work. There seems to be nothing wrong with my laptop other than the Google redirects. I ran the dds file from the stickied thread, this is what i...
bobojenkins Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-27-2012 03:49 AM
Odd sound issue: changing microphone noise
My microphone generates a steadily rising noise when I do not speak into it for several seconds. When I do speak, it is perfectly clear and quiet, however a few seconds of silence and the noise begins again. Help would be appreciated.
Nishizono Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 10 05-10-2011 08:50 AM
Windows 7 hangs, odd behavior [moved from Vista/7]
Hello Folks and thanks for any solution you can provide. After a normal boot-up in Windows 7 Premium 64 i get the following series of hangs which can be rectified as follows: 1. System hangs; mouse still functional but everything grinds to a halt (browser, explorer you name it) 2. So I...
str8shtr BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-03-2011 12:40 PM