Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

No sound without headphones

This is a discussion on No sound without headphones within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This afternoon, I found that I could get no sound from my laptop speakers, but that I can get sound

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

This afternoon, I found that I could get no sound from my laptop speakers, but that I can get sound from my headphones. Even with the headphones, there's a catch. If I push the headphone jack in all the way, I only get sound from the left side. If I pull them out just a bit, I get sound from both sides.

No settings have been changed. The speakers are the default device. I have a Lenovo G50-45 Laptop running Windows 8.1, and my sound card is a Conexant SmartAudio HD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

It seems like the laptop's jack-socket is faulty, depending on the exact fitting, it might be fairly easily replaced, but if it's in a customised plastic mount, you'd need to contact Lenovo for a replacement (Some sockets are held in place with a small nut around the hole, others are mounted inside a shaped plastic block).

Alternatively, if it's still in warranty, contact Lenovo about a return repair, otherwise a local shop should be able to replace the socket for you.

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HP Mini: no sound from built-in speakers, but headphones working
A few days ago, I lost all sound from my built-in speakers of my HP Mini Notebook 2140 (running Windows XP, 32-bit; updated via automatic updates). I have no idea what caused the problem; the only thing I had done differently was to update the latest version of Flash Player (which I have...
btobey Laptop Support 15 01-18-2013 06:33 PM
When using headphones, only sound form left side is coming.
I have a problem on my Quantum Headphones :ermm: Whenever I plug in headphones I only get sound out of one side(right) my left one just doesn't work..it seems :angry::angry::angry::angry:. I don't know why..no sound comes out :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:. The type of headphones...
techuser11 Sound Cards 7 11-24-2012 08:48 PM
Very strange no sound problem
Hello, I'm gonna try to keep this as sketched as possible. So, this is the problem: -I bought this HP 625 Notebook a while ago. It was new. -I installed all the drivers needed from this site: HP 625 Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center (It is the site...
Nizuto Windows XP Support 3 01-07-2012 02:47 AM