Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

No sound from DVD Drive

This is a discussion on No sound from DVD Drive within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I'm new here, but I hope someone can help me please. I just installed a new sound card and

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #1

Hello,
I'm new here, but I hope someone can help me please. I just installed a new sound card and am getting sound from everything but my DVD Drive. I have a cable running from the drive to the sound card. The card is a Mad Dog Predator 5.1 DSP. I had just a few days ago put my motherboard in a new case. I had an old soundblaster card in that system. When I got finished with moving the motherboard the only thing that didnt work was the dvd sound. The only thing different than the old connections was the connector named speakers. I figured that was for the speakers in the tower itself. Right now there is nothing connected to the pins on the motherboard named speakers. I hope this makes sense and someone can lead me where I need to go to fix this. I just bought a widescreen monitor and I really want to watch DVD's on here.
Help please.
Thank You
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2007, 11:34 PM   #2

Stupid quiestion, but in the volume properties, is the CD player volume turned up/unmuted? Double click on the little speaker by the clock on the start bar to find out.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Yes, everything is unmuted and turned up.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What ram to get
Hello I am aiming to upgrade my computer. I have a windows xp SP2. My CPU is a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz, My current ram or so it says is 224. I am wanting to go to 1 gig. I would like to know if i can do this and if i can. How do i know what to get. Do I want DDR or what I am really...
Frozencrow RAM and Power Supply Support 23 03-25-2007 05:00 AM
XxClone - How to copy your operating system from one drive to another.
How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another At first sight, this article may look very complicated. I can assure you it is not. Read it through carefully a couple of times, then follow the steps exactly as shown. A number of contributors have posted regarding...
JohnthePilot Dead-Sea Scrolls 1 03-14-2007 10:14 PM
What to do with small i.e <40 GB C:\ drives
A number of contributors have posted regarding limited-capacity main drives, (i.e. ones containing the operating system but with less than about 40 GB), and cannot upgrade, but do not want simply to replace the drive with a larger one with all the problems of having to reinstall the operating...
JohnthePilot Dead-Sea Scrolls 16 12-06-2006 04:04 PM
need help getting sound card to work
I have read the two current threads that deal with problems similar to mine. I just installed a new sound blaster Audigny SE card. I formerly had onboard sound - soundmax, and it's an Intel X86 board. I can play system sounds, but otherwise I have no sound. My desktop speakers are...
villandra Sound Cards 1 11-20-2006 07:57 AM