Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

No sound after upgrading to Win 10

This is a discussion on No sound after upgrading to Win 10 within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey all. I recently inherited a rather nice beast, which is based around a Fatal1ty Mobo, Radeon 7900 and 32gb

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 07:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey all. I recently inherited a rather nice beast, which is based around a Fatal1ty Mobo, Radeon 7900 and 32gb ram. Sound is by way of Realtek High Def. At least that was when it was working!

Originally when I gratefully took posession of this generous gift, all was fully operational on Win 7. All was going well............ And then I decided I would upgrade to Win 10 as I have been running that quite happily on an old Alienware X51,

Now I have no sound whatsoever, I have updated the Realtek drivers, uninstalled the device and allowed it to reinstall by itself; I have run out of ideas now, so I thought I would ask for your help. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Cheers

Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Check with Intel and AsRock to see if there are new Windows 10 Chipset drivers for your system.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:23 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Got a new set of chipset drivers from ASR, and all is now fine. Cheers!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASUS TP550LA - Screen flickering when on battery after Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade
Hello, Thank you in advance for any ideas you can throw my way. I've been scouring Google in my spare time for a couple weeks without any success. I bought an ASUS TP550LA last year for my girlfriend to use for school. It came with Windows 8 home basic (64-bit) and worked properly using...
Dubz Driver Support 8 01-03-2016 11:11 AM
Upgrading to WIN 7 from XP
I use an Apple Macbook with Parallels running Win XP. This is networked to a PC with various storage drives and other stand-alone applications. I want to (upgrade?) to Win 7 Professional but am wary of OEM type upgrades used by PC manufacturers. I am seeking advice on the best method of...
induna Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 06-25-2014 09:17 AM
Microphone Line In - Win 7 - Sound Card
Greetings all. I hope someone here knows how to resolve this because it baffles me. Here are my basic desktop specs: OS: Win7 Home Pro x64 Mobo: Asus M4A88T-M Video: Radeon HD 6870 CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 RAM: DDR3 8 Gigs Sound Card: Sabrent 6-Channel 5.1 3D PCI (Brand New) I started...
wchawkins Sound Cards 1 10-26-2012 06:09 AM
Call of Duty: Black Ops with no sound in Win 7
Dear Sir, I have Win 7 Ultimate OS, 3.2 Ghz AMD CPU, 4 GB Ram, Nvidia 210 and Graphics Card. Recently i have installed COD: Black Ops, the game runs good, but it has no sound at all. I have Realtech HD audio drivers installed, is it a problem with this. Pls guide me so solve the issue ASAP. ...
sri2012 PC Gaming Support 4 02-06-2012 08:44 PM