Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"No playback devices"

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bhahar84 
#1 ·
Hi there :smile:

Since I reinstalled windows, I can't get my sound working. It works when I'm playing songs and videos with wmp or winamp, and in some games. But it just won't work on youtube, and when I'm playing counterstrike. I'm also having trouble using Ventrilo and Teamspeak:sigh:

I found a post where someone had the same problem (http://www.techsupportforum.com/f23/no-playback-devices-resolved-161730.html), and I tried what was posted in that thread:

Let's try this.
Boot into safe mode and go into device manager. Right click on and uninstall each of the following:
Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Drivers
Media Control Devices
Realtek AC'97 Audio For VIA (R) Audio Controller
Video Codecs
and anything else that my be listed under sound devices. Also click on "View", "Show hidden devices" and see if there are any exclamation marks. If so, uninstall them also and reboot into normal mode. Windows will detect the devices and automatically reinstall them.

But when I did this, and started windows in normal mode, my computer did not detect and reinstall the devices:sigh:

What do I do? :4-dontkno

PS - I have a pirate version of windows, and I'm having sort of trouble with windows updates, might this be the cause?:eek:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Turpis

Welcome to TSF :wave:

Unfortunately, we are not able to guide you on this issue since your operating system is a pirated version. TSF did not permit any guidance on this kind of applications.

For more information, please read the rules of the TSF: Rules

#4 ·
Hi crysestar :wave:

It is really recommended for you to post a new thread on your issue since this post is created by someone else. We would like to avoid any conflict between the solutions provided to other person :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.