Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

no audio on a dell gx270

This is a discussion on no audio on a dell gx270 within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I tried to install new audio drivers and followed the instructions to "uninstall old drivers first" but have lost the

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 03:41 AM   #1
Registered Member

I tried to install new audio drivers and followed the instructions to "uninstall old drivers first" but have lost the sound.
I have since uninstalled audio and let windows reinstal it and downloaded the correct drivers from the Dell sight but I still have no sound with the same messages of In device manager "no audio code 10" and in control panel / sound and audio " no audio devices" although it shows as on in the BIOS.

I have followed several "help" tutorials to no avail Is it possible for me to have loosened a jumper lead on the motherboard when I opened the case to replace a IDE able ?

Your help would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Why did you initially try to install new drivers?

And no, there are no jumpers related to audio. There are cables which connect to the front panel ports, but those wouldn't affect the audio chipset/drivers unless they were shorted.

Having said that, Code 10 indicates the drivers are not installed.

You can go to the Dell Support page to get the drivers. Either manually enter the Service Tag # or use the scan tool. > Support | Dell US

Ensure you get the correct drivers for your OS.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue Screens on Boot
Hey guys... I've been trying unsuccessfully to solve some BSODs that have been showing up on a 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium Dell Inspiron 1545 here. It can boot up in safe mode, but in normal mode it gets to the desktop briefly and then immediately blue screens and restarts. I used...
niko381 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 11 06-17-2015 08:08 PM
Can't install Bluestacks..help!
I can't install Bluestacks on my laptop I keep getting the error that says it doesn't recognize my graphics card and I may need to update it..I think my graphics card is fine..:/ I don't know I'v never had any issues playing any other games such as Sims etc..which are also graphic heavy. Is...
Green972 Game Installation Support 16 08-21-2014 10:16 AM
Loss of audio and choppy video
The audio will randomly cut while I'm on the computer and programs will seem more crisp with some slight hiccups. If I were to watch a video though then the refresh rate will be extremely slow usually only buffering 1 second of the video every 5-8 seconds. The problem was usually solved by...
Cyrox Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 12 10-23-2012 04:02 AM
Windows 7 freezes at startup (HiJack This Log)
Out of the blue my Windows 7 x64 laptop started having problems. Every time I boot it will get to the desktop and LOOK fine, but if I try to open anything it is completely unresponsive. Eventually it will notify me that Windows is not responding and offer to restart or wait. If I restart the...
slhaas Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 08-01-2011 12:29 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD -- NETIO.SYS
I've been having these bluescreens for a little while now, and after numerous attempts at seeing if solutions for cases similar to mine would fix it, it keeps coming back. So, now I'm here. Anyway, here's the requested info: OS: Windows 7 32-bit The original OS was WinXP WinXP was OEM, the...
mackncheesiest BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 06-04-2011 06:35 PM