Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Sound Cards

User Tag List

My headset doesn't get recognized by Windows

This is a discussion on My headset doesn't get recognized by Windows within the Sound Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, so I bought this headset HX77 Gaming headset | Genesis and my PC doesn't recognize them. When I plug

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 02:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Ok, so I bought this headset HX77 Gaming headset | Genesis and my PC doesn't recognize them.
When I plug them in the leds don't light up(on the headset), the driver requires the headset to be plugged in during installation but it doesn't recognize it.
I had Windows 10 when I tried this headset the first time, it didn't work and I tested it on 2 other PCs with Windows 7 and Windows 8 and it worked so I figured it was the Windows's fault and I installed Windows 7 but I have the same problem I had before.
I tried disabling driver signature(or something like that), changing bios settings(I have tried all the settings related to usb), followed youtube tutorials of how to fix Code 43 error on the device manager(the error that I have) and tried all the ports (front and back). Also after I installed the USB 3 driver on Windows 7(no driver for Windows 10) there was no longer and error code in the device manager and it just appeard as unknown device without the yellow triangle.
Motherboard: GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 CPU: i7 4790k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

have you tested using both front and rear ports?

Old 06-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hi dan8ball and welcome to TSF

Assuming front & back ports are working, I see that your mobo has a 'USB-Block' feature that can block different devices, have you checked the settings there? (P. 95 Online Manual - Link)

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
Registered Member

They are all unblocked.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Having tested the h'set on another PC, plus re-installed Windows, I assume you've downloaded the latest drivers for the h'set from Genesis? Also, I see there's a motherboard 'Hotfix' from Gigabyte that fixes USB 3 compatibility, it might be worth trying that Link (Click 'Show me all' then scroll down to the USB section)

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Closed Thread